Chapter 21

Assalamualaikumwarehmatullahiwabarakatahu. Hope this chapter finds you in peace and great health.
I feel happy & glad to wish you all a blessed Eid. May Allah forgive all our sins and accept all our prayers.

EID MUBARAK.!!

I have introduced Jannet's POV in this chapter. Just so there is a little change in our regular reading and also we get to know how Hiba and Hamza were behaving around eachother after the incident.

Happy Reading.. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hiba's POV

It was a week since the family dinner. And everything was as it had to be. Things went on normal. I would attend uni get back home, projects, assignments, research and everything else was as it was supposed to be. Neither did mom, dad or Rahim Bhai talk about the incident again.
The only change that was hard to ignore was Hamza's behaviour. I did not know he would take it so seriously. He would come exactly the time the class starts and leave as soon as the bell indicates the end of the class. And he was hardly seen in the break time as well.
I dunno why people have to change their ways to proove people things.. When you know what you are and what you've done is not wrong, just be who you are. I dont feel therw is any need to change to proove something to people, coz people cannot do any good to you only Allah can.
Nevertheless, it was his decision to behave this way. May Allah bless him peace.
And with that prayer i moved ahead with Jannet towards the class.

And as expected Hamza was no were to be seen. We went ahead and took our seats. The bell indicated the class to start and in came Hamza. He looked towards Jannet smiling. And turned the other way to take a seat in the first row. Jannet looked towards me confused. Both of us knew Hamza was not a fan of sitting right under tha professor's nose.

Allah knows what has got into him.

Jannet's POV

There is definitely something wrong going on with Hamza and Hiba.
Hamza has not been behaving normal since the beginning of this week.
He would not talk to me when Hiba was around or rather wouldn't even come to us. It was fun being with the two.
When i asked Hiba about what was wrong and did she know anything about it she would just shrug her shoulders and walk away.
On pestering her one day she had told me about the instances of the weekend. That was really unbelievable how people could think this way. Even if Hamza and Hiba liked eachother, people should not have a problem with that. However the both look cute together.
Many a times Hamza would meet me in the cafeteria or library after the classes and inquire about Hiba and how she was doing. I would answer him and he would talk other things and walk away. This had become a daily routine for the past week. I guess he has a thing for Hiba. But this idiot would never even glance at her when Hiba was around.

Once it so happened that i was at the cafeteria stall waiting for my order when Hamza came upto me asking about who was partnering Hiba in the statistics project and is it that she needed any help. I had informed him that me and Hiba had partnered for it and it was going pretty well. And right then Hiba came in asking if i got my order and we start eating. As soon as we heard Hiba's voice i guess i saw a small smile on Hamza's face. And it disappeared as fast as it had come up and he left excusing us.

God knows until when will this hide and seek continue..

Think of the Devil and the Devil appears. Right when the bell rang entered Mr. Great.
Giving me a smile and noticing Hiba sitting beside me he turned the other way and went towards the first row. The seat beside Hiba and the one in the first row were only left empty and this idiot chose to sit in the dreadful first row.....Men will be men.!

The day went as usual with classes after classes. It was finally time to go home. As a routine it is, i was supposed to meet Hamza at the parking. Ufffhhh.! I am feeling like a cupid writing their love story.

Nevertheless i headed towards the parking asking Hiba to wait for me at the gate. She went ahead and i turned towards the parking were this idiot was leaning on my car.

"Hello lover boy.!" I waved my hand.
"Hey Jannet. What is it with the lover boy thing?" He asked acting all so innocent.
"Ohoo hoo.! Look whose talking. Anyways, i hav thought about it a lot and as a conclusion mister you are given the honor of being a lover boy who is head over heals in love with my best friend Hiba." I declared to which he gave me an amused stare. But obvious he wont admit it.

"N..nah..theres nothing like that. She is just a friend."

"Okay so if she is 'just a friend' then what am doing here daily after classes telling you her whereabouts.?" I asked teasing him. I guess this made him nervous and he looked everywhere but me.

"Uh.. I myself dunno..i guess.. Nevertheless temme what is it today.?" He asked avoiding the subject.

"Okay..okay..lovestruck puppy.. Hiba has been good. How she always is. But by now i guess even she is observing your change of behaviour. You shouldnot do this to the poor girl. Why dont you go and confess your feelings for he......" I was cut in the middle when Hamza suddenly pushed me to the side with a jerk and ran towards the gate. By his face it didn't seem good. And i followed him as fast as i could but couldn't match up his speed.

The moment i reached to the gate i froze at my spot.. I couldn't comprehend what was going on...