Chapter 3

Assalamualaikum warehmatullahi wabrakatahu. Hope all of you out there are doing good. :-) Here's the next chappie..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hamza's POV 

Two days, for us to board the flight to my Dad's place. My uncle has sorted out my admission things in a renowned uni there. I wanted to take with me evrything that connected me to my mumma and i did packed them all Hence i had a lot of luggage to carry with me though my dad said that i can get back here in a couple of years or more i still dont feel like leaving back anything.

Safia teased me all through my packing saying i was packing like a home leaving bride. Funny though. Yahiya and Safia had come over to our place with Sarah for a week as we were leaving shortly and wanted to spend their time wid us.

One day passed by and only one more left for us to leave my birth place leaving everything behind. There was one last and most important thing i had to do before leaving, meet Jasmin. Jasmin is my friend, a very close friend. She is a british arab as her mother is a british muslim and father an arab. She was of great support to me after my mumma's death. I was broken emotionally and she was my support. I had informed her about me leaving two weeks ahead and she was a lot upset on hearing it and did not want me to leave but i had to. I had promised her that i would meet her today.

It is 2pm and am done with evrything my flight is at 5am in the morning tomorow so i got all mine and dad's luggage at the main door. Dad was out meeting some of his collegues. I had to rush to the Grand Hyatt where i promised Jasmin to meet up. 

It was 4pm and Jasmin hadnt arrived yet. She promised she would be here at 3pm but she didnot arrrive yet. I gave her n number of calls much to my dismay, she didnot receive even single one of them. I then thought may be i shloud leave and that she must have changed her mind. But she could have informed me. May be she was occupied with work i thought and got up to leave.

As soon as i got up and turned around to leave i saw Jasmin entering. She was not her usual self. She had dark bags under her eyes. Her nose was red. She had gone a little pale. I wondered what was wrong. She was a very beautiful young lady i always admired how she stood strong when her father passed away and supported her family. She was slim and well maintained. But today she was completely opposite of what she used to be. Her headscarf was a mess.

"Assalamualaikum Hamza, sorry for being late" she said with a painful smile that brought me out of my thoughts.

"Walekumassalam Jasmin" i replied gesturing her to sit down.

She was looking everywhere else but me.She was behaving different.

The waiter then came and asked for our orders. I ordered both of some coffee.As the waiter left noting down the order...

"Is everything alright Jasmin, You dont seem fine?" i asked

"Nah.! nothing am just a little sick" is all she said still not looking at me.

There was then an awkward silence for a couple of minutes. This was not how i was expecting this meeting to go. It never did between us. Thats when i looked at Jasmin and..

and.... Did i just see a tear drop from her eye. That was it i needed to know what was wrong.

"Jasmin.! ..... Jasmin! ..... Jasmin look at me whats wrong?" i whisper shouted the end part.

she then looked up at me with her eyes full of tears and all she muttered was..

"Please dont go"

"ooh Jasmin.! Please dont cry. I know you are my best best best friend but you know my dad wants it and i do not want to upset him. He means the world to me. You know right?" i asked and she just nodded.

"We will be in touch Jasmin i promise i will speak to you daily"i said.

She again looked up and said "its not that" now she was confusing me. She was crying of me getting away from her and now that i promised i will be in touch she says its not that.

"Then what is it Jasmin?" i asked

"ummhh...... the thing is ..... i - i dunno... its like..." she started stuttering

"What is it jasmin speak up.!" i said as calmly as i could but it was actually worrying me.

"Hamza.. the thing is..uummmhh.....i-I LOVE YOU.!" she said looking at me.

I was shocked. literally shocked, very very shocked. I didnot expect this. Jasmin was only and only my best friend I never thought of her this way. I didnot say anything and just stared at her in awe.

"I was going to tell you this the last time we met but then you stopped me saying you had to tell something and all you said was you were leaving with your dad" she said I quitely listened to whatever she said.

She continued " I love you and have always loved you Hamza was just waiting for the right time to talk to you about it and then talk to your dad about our marriage"

Dad. Did she just say Dad. The ring of that word brought me out of my thoughts and i realised i needed to tell her to stop it right here.

"Listen.!" i whisper screamed. She suddenly went mute and i continued.

"Jasmin it is not going to go this way. You are my friend my best best friend and i always thought you that way only and nothing beyond that. a- am sorry. but i pray that Allah grant you with the best husband and i am sure you will get someone who will love you more than anyone can"

"But I love and want You.!" she screamed and some people stared at our side.

"Please calm down Jasmin. Let us talk of it please calm down." she kept quite holding her head down

"Jasmin. I love you but only and ONLY like a friend and nothing more, Please dont force me into this. You have been a great friend and you are a wonderful person yourself but am not the one for you" i said she nodded while her tears never started flowing.. I felt bad for her very bad but i needed to tell her all this.

There was a long silence after that and i realised i needed to leave for maghrib.

"I gotta go Jasmin i promised you i will stay in touch hence i will be calling you once i reach my destination inshallah" i said as i got up to leave and turn

"i will wait for you" she said

i turned to look at her "not a day.....a week......a month....but..... years,, i can and will wait for you until you come back" she said with hope in her eyes.

"may Allah grant you peace. see you.Allah hafez" i said and turned back to leave. once reached the door i turned back to look at her as she wiped her tears off and got ready to leave.