#7: I was born like that.

Chapter Seven: "I was born like that."

Meera sighed as the ring of her phone woke her up. "Hello?" she said into her phone, not bothering to open her eyes and check to caller ID.

"Meera, are you just waking up? Dude we are going to the manor today, get ready quickly" Nithya reminded her, shock evident in her tone.

Meera immediately opened her eyes and almost screamed as she replied, "Shit sorry, I'll be there soon".

Meera cursed as she rushed to get ready. This was so unlike her. She always woke up at 5am and on rare occasions, at 6am. But right now it was 7.45 and they were leaving at eight.

She wondered what made her sleep in as her body was accustomed to waking without an alarm but the answer came to her almost instantly.

She did not want to admit it, but Ajay's actions had left her confused the previous night.

She had stayed up all night, trying to understand his mixed signals. The night before he was expressed his discontent of their marriage but on their engagement day, he couldn't keep his hands to himself and even had the audacity to kiss her cheek. He called her his.

His.

Had he accepted out of no other choice that she was his fiance or was he just drunk? But she had not see him drink at all.

As far as she knew, he had only taken a glass of Rosé wine but only because it was a party. He did not even take a sip from it.

He was not the one to drink unlike her who loved champagne. She pondered about it for hours until she fell asleep at dawn.

Meera slipped into a pink full-sleeved shirt and black leather pants which she paired with brown boots. The morning was chilly so she made sure to dress warmly.

She ran her comb through her hair, setting her tangled and messy bed hair into beach waves. Luckily, her face did not show her lack of sleep so she kept it void of make up.

 Luckily, her face did not show her lack of sleep so she kept it void of make up

Meera thanked the servants who were transferring her luggage out of her room. She slung her duffle bag on her shoulder and slipped out, wearing a pair of black shades on the way.

She reached the lobby where everyone had gathered. Well, everyone except Akash. He was always late.

"Hey," she greeted her cousins who greeted back except Ajay who was avoiding her eyes.

She suspected that he would act like nothing happened at the party and was not surprised to find out that it was indeed how he was acting.

Well, if he was not going to bring it up, she won't be the one to do so either. What would she say anyway? He was the one who started it. He is the one who had answers.

"How do you manage to look like that in fifteen minutes?" Sweta asked, incredulous at the way Meera looked so good in such a short time span.

"I'm born like that my dear," Meera jokingly replied, flipping her hair as the two laughed along with Nithya who joined their conversation.