#8: Sorry by Ajay (Justin Bieber).

Chapter Eight: "Sorry by Ajay (Justin Bieber)."

"What are you doing up so early?" Meera asked the person in the living room. Ajay. It was 6am and Meera had just returned from her morning run, perspiring when she saw Ajay as she entered the manor.

Ajay noticed her shirt wet with her sweat which was now see through so he looked away, not wanting to make her uncomfortable by staring. They may not be on good terms but she was a girl and he should give her the respect she deserves.

"Right um, dad called yesterday. Mr Raichand is apparently not well which was why he could not attend our engagement. So he kinda wants the two of us to go and visit him. It takes about 5 hours to his house so I woke up early" he explained.

Mr Raichand was the CEO of NewTech until he passed it on to his son, Arpit, due to his health issues. He was her father's close friend and he took a liking to Meera. He always said that she was the perfect heir, even before the decision was changed from Varun to Meera.

"You and me? Alone?" she asked, surprise evident in her voice. She did not want to travel alone with him especially after his ignorance. It would be plain awkward.

"I know you don't like it but for our parents' sake?" he persuaded her. He did not have a choice either. "Alright, give me a sec, I need to shower" she replied as she swiftly walked upstairs to her room.

Ajay waited for about 30 minutes when he heard footsteps down the stairs. There she was, wearing a plain light pink dress that stopped at her thigh. Her hair was now paper straight, her lips in a slight pinkish colour due to her lip gloss. She had opted for a very simple look.

It made sense. Mr Raichand was a very simplistic man. He had to say, she made even the simplest styles look expensive. Her aura was just captivating. She really would make a talented business woman he thought. But of course, he would never say that to her.

 But of course, he would never say that to her

"Ready?" he asked as she nodded

"Ready?" he asked as she nodded. Ajay got the signal and walked towards the garage as he heard her heels click behind him, indicating that she indeed was following him to the garage.