#13: No one will ever find out.

Chapter Thirteen: "No one will ever find out."

Meera awoke from her slumber. Her mind went back to the previous night where she remembered the sway as she was moved to her bedroom.

The scent of vanilla and sandalwood was still fresh in her mind. All this pointed to only one thing. He carried her to her room.

Involuntarily, a smile adored her face. After a long time, she felt this happy as she got ready for the day.

"What's with you today Di? You look so happy," Sweta asked, noticing the smile on Meera's face

"Oh you know, sun shining, birds chirping" Meera replied vaguely as she walked with a spring in her step.

Nithya raised an eyebrow at her when Arvind spoke. "Let the girl be in a good mood, you might never see it again" he said cheekily, making Meera hit him right in the stomach which earned an eruption of laughter from the rest and a grunt from Arvind.

The others were a little weirded out by how excited Meera was to go to the farmhouse but nevertheless we're glad she was happy. They may not know what was going on with her, but lately she was never truly herself. Seeing her with such a genuine smile made them relieved that she was coming back to them.

Ajay had a hunch that her bright mood had to do with him and that thought made him smirk, his confidence boosted. What else could make her so happy? Certainly not their trip to the farmhouse.

Meera avoided animals and insects at any cost. She didn't have anything against them, she was just scared. She was fine as long as she was distanced from them. It was funny actually when he thought of the reason of her fear.

When she was seven a cow had kicked her because she was playing (more like annoying) the calf and she had fallen on the mud, her leg bruised. That was her last interaction with an animal.

He chuckled to himself with the memory of a muddy Meera as he caught up with the rest of his cousins who were almost inside the farmhouse.

"Are you coming with us Meera?" Akash asked Meera who shook her head in negative.

"I am going to the house bhai" she replied, waving to the rest of them who were going to see the animals instead.

She made her way into the house and wandered around till she reached the top floor. The house held many memories for her. She saw the ladder leading to the attic and figured that she would entertain herself there. She climbed the ladder and widened the door above which was wedged with a twig.

She stepped into the attic which was a little dusty, making her cough. No one must have been there for awhile. She went through the objects in the attic, and laughed as she saw a dented spoon. Her mind drifted off to the memory many years ago.