#2: You would get yourself killed with that temper of yours.

Chapter Two: "You would get yourself killed with that temper of yours."

her outfit

"I'll park and be there soon

"I'll park and be there soon. You go on first Nithi" Meera told Nithya who nodded as she got off the passengers seat and waved to her before Meera drove towards the parking lot. Normally her driver drops Nithya and her to their University but Meera had insisted to drive that day.

It was only the previous day that Ajay was announced to be her future husband and at the end of the week, their engagement was soon to happen.

Everything was happening too fast for her and she needed sometime to cool off. There was nothing she could do to stop marrying the guy picked on her for everything, but she at least needed time to accept whatever was going on in her life.

She had immense freedom in terms of her fashion, curfew etc. But there were two things already decided for her - Her career and husband.

It got her thinking if the freedom that she thought she had was just an illusion for her parents to control the major decisions of her life.

Meera wanted to keep her upcoming engagement a secret from the people in Uni but it would be impossible. She was a corporate heir and she was in a prestigious college.

This college was known for having students of prestigious families mainly from the corporate world. There was even a rank system put in place.

Rank 1: Corporate heirs - people like Meera who were to be the successors of their companies

Rank 2: Stock inheritors - people like Nithya who were not successors of the company but obtained shares

Rank 3: Students with honorable backgrounds: Sons/daughters of politicians, Supreme Court judges etc.

Rank 4: Parvenus and students who are middle-class and below who mostly join through special student policies or using student loans as the payment is too high even for a student from a family with a middle-class socio-economic status to be able to afford.

Meera was not a fan of this rank system as she did not believe in judging someone based on their financial situation but the system was there even before she was born so there was nothing she could do about it.

Anyway, looking at the high population of students from high-class backgrounds, most friendships are formed in desire for future connections. Hence, invitations had already been sent to all the students' families who belonged to the first three ranks. Meera had brought a few invitations with her to give it out to her friends who were from the last rank.

Her father would not approve but he did not need to know. The only thing that might make her friends in Rank 4 be caught as not belonging to the above ranks would be the lack of expensive dresses but Meera was willing to sponsor them dresses or if they did not want to accept them, they could always borrow hers.