#18: Big-brother Talk.

Chapter Eighteen: "Big-brother Talk."

"Hey Meera, do you have my-" Ajay's voice got stuck in his throat as soon as he saw Meera.

She seemed to have just gotten out of the shower. Her wet hair which was still dripping with water, framed her face perfectly as she stood there in a pair of jeans and a crop top.

He advanced towards her, his eyes not breaking contact with hers. Meera watched as Ajay moved towards her. She did not know why but something told her to not react.

Ajay slowly came to a stop right in front of her, forgetting what he had even come for.

"God you drive me crazy" he whispered as he ran his fingers through her damp hair, easing a few knots in it which had formed when she showered.

Meera shuddered as his warm hand came into contact with the bare skin at her waist that was exposed due to her crop top. His warmth sent electric shocks through her body.

Ajay's hold on her felt urgent and somehow needy. He held onto her tight but not such that it hurt her. Meera's arms involuntarily rested at his shoulder.

Meera noticed how his eyes never left hers. In his eyes, she saw something different. His eyes were a lot more alert as though he was in awe.

Ajay inched slowly towards her, making Meera do the same upon reflex. Their faces stopped an inch before reaching each other.

They both knew what would happen if they went for it and they wanted to give the other a chance to back out if they wanted to first. But none of them moved.

Heat rose from Meera's stomach to her chest and her heart definitely skipped a beat as Ajay's lips were closing in. The addictive scent of his cologne filled her nose to the point of near brain death. He was so close.

That was it – at that very moment his lips brushed over hers like a wave of warmth and her entire body reacted to him instinctively. Her toes curled, her eyes zeroed in on his, his scent even more hypnotic.

And so their lips met.

Meera's eyes closed upon the contact, as she responded to him. Her arms tightened around his neck as she felt his arms around her waist, pulling her body against his even though there was no space between them.

She could sense his inexperience in his shaky lips, making her smile into the kiss at his innocence due to his nervousness.

One of her hands pressed against his cheek in an attempt of assuring him that he had nothing to worry about. It was just her. He didn't have to be afraid of messing up.

This kiss was different from those in her past. It was loving. She felt a deep connection run through them, using their sealed lips as a bridge to become one.

His lips stayed on hers. He didn't pull away and she wasn't going to either.

For Ajay, it was surreal.

It felt like his soul was opening up, tasting, feeling and seeing every colour of the rainbow in its own sensual way, almost like catching a smile in a bottle.

Her lips, its softness, its sweetness, leaving an everlasting taste in his mouth.

The kiss felt like he breathing her in like a cool inhalation of oxygen to warm the soul; like he was levitating off the ground floating in the air; like nothing in the world existed but her.

What he was feeling could not be put into words, nor has there get been any part of speech or figure of speech invented to describe it.

It was like an aphrodisiac, mixed with a Pandora's box effect, fireworks glowing inside him from the touch of her lips on his.

Her lips tasted like strawberry, probably from the lip gloss she had worn earlier. The scent of rose oil was a lot more vehement now that he was so close to her.

He could feel the sharp contrast between his chapped dry lips and her warm moisturised ones. His first kiss.

It was a long but sweet kiss where their lips learned the other's pattern. It was not a kiss of lust or one that happens in the heat of the moment. It was more than just physical attraction. It was more than just their adult hormones.

It was pure.

The human need for oxygen made them break apart as they opened their eyes.

"Whoa."

Meera agreed with him. That was the best word of expression for what had just happened.

"I guess it's time we officially screw being just friends huh?" Meera breathed as she let herself depend on his hold which was what keeping her upright.

"Damn right it is," he said before pulling her in again.

-

After the kiss, things between the couple were more intimate. Day by day, their relationship progressed, both emotionally and physically.

Though they could barely steal some time away from their cousins to spend some time as a couple, it was still enough for them to become more comfortable with each other.

Of course now teasing was very common. Whenever any of their cousins found them together, they were in for a never-ending teasing session.

But that never stopped the couple from seeing each other. They were going to get married, so what if their cousins saw them?

Currently Varun was in Meera's room to give her his big brother talk. Meera was patiently answering his endless questions like how she felt about her marriage, if he was treating her right etc etc.

"Sorry, I know I am annoying but I want to make sure you're fine. I am your brother, your happiness is of utmost importance to me," Varun said, taking his sister's hand in his. Before Meera could answer, a voice interrupted.

"It would be appreciated if you could love your brother as much as your sister as well..."

Vijay.

Meera and Varun laughed as Vijay plonked himself next to Meera.

"C'mon Vijay, you know I love both my siblings" Varun pacified Vijay who was sulking.

"Uh huh it's obvious how much you show favouritism to Princess," Vijay fired, sticking his tongue out playfully.

"Alright alright, let's have some sibling time without any arguments please," Meera cut in, playing the referee.

"Sis, you want to go against me on Call of Duty?" Vijay asked Meera.

"You bet" the two of them waved to their older brother who looked at them fondly before running off towards the game room.

"Bhai? Hey," someone greeted Varun. He turned around to see Ajay standing st the door.

"Hello Ajay, looking for Meera?"

"Oh um yea" Ajay said, rubbing his nape. They may be close friends and cousins but Varun was still the protective older brother of his fiancé.

"You can find her in the game room," Varun said.

Ajay thanked him and was about to leave when Varun stopped him.

"Look, you are like a brother to me. I trust you with my sister but you know she means the world to me," he started.

"That makes two of us" Ajay said.

When Varun looked at him in confusion, Ajay clarified it for him.

"She means the world to me too bhai,"

A ghost of smile appeared on Varun's face as he walked towards him.

"Treat your woman right," he said and then added, "Don't mess it up"

"Don't worry bhai, I won't let you down"