8

We are at the end of the school year. Today the schooltrip to France begins. Unfortunately I'm not there. Last night I got a fever and unfortunately it has only gotten worse since then. So instead of being in France for a week, I'm in bed. Josh has just been picked up by Jolien. I'm glad she offered to let him stay there all week. All I want now is sleep.

I just woke up and got a notification that I have an email. I am pleasantly surprised when I see that it is an email from Kate.

Hi Liesbeth,

I heard you're sick. Would like to wish you a speedy recovery this way. Too bad you can't be there. Would you like me to update you on this week? Anyway, I already sent some pictures of the trip.

Greetings Katja

I quickly email her back.

Hi Kate,

Thank you that’s sweet of you. Would have loved to have been there too, but unfortunately the fever keeps me in bed now. If you don't mind doing it, I'd really appreciate it if you'd keep me posted. Judging by the photos, you have already seen a lot of beautiful things along the way and you can enjoy yourself there. Have fun this week.

Then I fall asleep again. When I wake up a few hours later, I immediately check if I have mail again. Unfortunately nothing. I just put on a movie on my laptop. I have had enough sleep now. I'm glad when I get an email again after a while.

Hi Liesbeth,

I don't mind doing it at all. Happy to do it for you. Though I'd rather bring you a cup of soup. So you get better faster. Hopefully you'll be back at school next week. I send you some pictures from tonight. We haven't done much. Sat by the campfire. Which almost went wrong, but you can see that in the photos.

Love Katja

It's a sweet email. I get an warm feeling inside and it's not because of the fever. Only now do I see what time it is. It is already half past three in the morning.

kate,

Have you seen what time it is? High time to go to sleep. Tomorrow will be another long day. Good night.

Liesbeth

Don't want it to be my fault she spends tomorrow half asleep and to be honest it's getting harder and harder to keep an appropriate distance from her. In the days that follow I don't get any more emails. Was I too short? I'm still unsure if I should send her something after all, but maybe it's better this way. I almost fall asleep when I get an email.

Sorry about my last email. I didn't mean anything wrong by it.

Shit Kate feels guilty. That really wasn't my intention. I loved that she emailed me.

kate,

I'm sorry it came across that way. I’ve missed your emails the past few days? How is it over there? Are you having a little fun? I have you seen that you are very lucky with the weather.

Liesbeth

It won't be long before I get another email.

Thought maybe you didn't like me sending you some after all. So you missed me a little? ;) Maybe I shouldn't say it so directly, but to be honest I do miss you a bit here. Especially tonight here by the campfire. Would have enjoyed it if you had been there. Is it getting any better there?

Here we have seen a lot of the area in recent days. Today we went out on the water and the weather is indeed lovely. Tomorrow we go to Paris.