14

The next few weeks I'm in a bad mood. I try to avoid Kate, which I manage quite well. But I don't get her out of my mind. Every now and then I look at the key ring she gave me. Then I get warm inside, then I think back to the beautiful moments. Moments that should never have happened, but what happened anyway. I don't even dare to talk to her about it. I would really like to know how she's doing. Don't know if she's waiting for it either, after how I'm behaving now. I checked this weekend at the coffee corner to see if she was working, but she wasn't there.

Now the weekend is over and we start a new week. My mentor group has English for the first hour. Luckily they have a test. I can't concentrate very well with Kate in class. The students are busy, so I can do some overdue work. I haven’t been able to work at home lately. My mind is elsewhere. After a while I feel Kate’s burning eyes. I dare not look back. “Anyone who has finshed the test can come and hand it in. Don't forget to put your name and date on it. Then you can read a book.” Some students come to hand the test over. Kate also gets up, but walks back. I wonder what's up, but then she comes back and hands in the test too.

I start grading, that will save me time later. After a few tests it is now Kate's turn. Something on the paper isn't right. The date is there, but you can see that there was something else underneath. It takes me a while to figure out what. After 'date' is the date, but you can see that there is also something under it. It takes a while but then I see that it says 'me'. Does she really want a date with me? I carefully look her way. Our eyes meet each othere. I decide to listen to my sister, who has been trying to persuade me to take the risk for weeks. So I'm taking the risk now, but I'm not letting her know just yet. I still need to figure out how I'm going to do this. I've grading everything and while handing out I can't resist making a comment to Kate. "Very surprising. Well done". I just don't know if she understands what I mean, but I don't dare to wait for her reaction either.

It's a good thing I don't have classes right now. My head is on cloud nine. Even though I know it's very wrong, I just don't care. After the break, Kate is back in my class. I want to let her know in a special way that I want to talk to her later. I look up her number and decide to text her.

-Keep the sound of your phone on.-

I hope she understands it's from me. I can't put my name on it, that's way too dangerous. You will just see that someone reading it or something.

The students enter the classroom. I look at Kate in the hope that she will understand that it was me.I put on a movie. I would like a quiet class. So I can grab my cell phone unseen. I send Kate another message.

-Sorry I couldn't find another way-

But unfortunately I don't hear a phone ringing. So I send another one.

-please turn on your sound-

I look her way, it takes a moment for her eyes to meet mine. Very carefully I can now make it clear to her that she has to get her phone. I can see she finally gets it. She notifies me that it is now settled. I'm sending her another message now.

-Well I wonder if it work now ;)-

Jesus she turned it so hard that I'm scared that a phone will go off. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry". She understands what I want and plays the game well. I can hardly contain my laughter. “Kate Wilson hand in your phone”. I try to stay it as serious as possible. “Aaahh Liesbeth this is the first time it happens”. I have to bite my lip to keep me from laughing out loud. "That doesn’t matter. The rules are for everyone. You should have remembered to turn off your sound. At the end of the day you can pick up your phone in this room”. She's coming to hand her phone in. I can't resist giving her a wink. Relieved that it worked. Kate gets a beautiful smile on her face.