20

How wonderful it feels to have Kate with me every day. And to fall asleep next to her every day and that she is the first thing I see when I open my eyes. I have never regretted my choice for a second. I was a little worried that I would miss teaching. But love it so much. During the day when Kate and Josh are at school I do volunteer work at the retirement ome and for the rest I only have to deal with my loved ones. No more work to finish or meetings until late in the evening.

When Kate is ready to go to school, she gives Josh and me a kiss. "See you later, I'll be home as soon as possible." She now only has to go to school for an hour to hand in her books. Then it’s summer break. I'm going to be busy packing the bags. Tonight we are going to make a start on our dream to see a bit of the world. We are going to travel together for five weeks. We're going to visit my family. I've seen that part of the world, of course. Due to circumstances I have not been able to hold my parents and sister for four years. Now I can finally do that again, with Kate with me and the fact that Josh will actually experience it consciously makes it even more special. Tonight we first fly to Bali to stay there for a week. Then we move on to Australia, where we stay with my family for three weeks. And conclude the trip with a week in Dubai.

Am still packing the last things when Kate comes home. “Babe, how long do you think we'll be gone? We're only going for five weeks and not five months." I greet her with a long kiss and her comment gives me yet another opportunity to flirt. "I can't take anything with me either, I only have enough with you." She can never get enough of that and I have no problem doing that at all. Now we have to wait for Kate's mother. She will take us away in and has also offered to take care of Snowball, which I am really happy with.

It won't be long before she's there. Now I realize that we are really going to leave. I hold Kate tight again me. “How glad I am that I can take you to my family”. Then bring my lips to hers and we're completely carried away. “Lovebirds, that's enough. It's time to pack up the car or you're not going anywhere. Don't think you can do that to Josh, he's already impatiently waiting for you in the car”. Apparently we've been like this for a while. I can't help it, but when I kiss Kate I forget everything and everyone around me. We load the car and leave for the airport. There we say goodbye to Kate's mother and wait until we can board the plane.