CHAPTER 4

The next day I walked through the deserted hallway to my cabinet. Even if I'm not an early bird, I like to come earlier to school, so I can enjoy the peace and quiet of being alone.

I silently unlocked the door of my cabinet and stepped inside. I started getting ready for the lesson when I heard a knock on the door. Unconsciously I opened the door and said: "Come in."

"Hey, girl."

I looked at Laura, or as I must call her in school, Ms Bianchi.

"Morning. How are you?" I replied.

She eyed me up and down before saying: "I should be asking you that. You look like you walked out of The Walking Dead."

"Ha, ha, very funny. I couldn't sleep. What do you want?"

"For Buddha's sake can you be more polite to your friend? Anyway, I came by to say hi and ask about that new hot psychologist in your class. So how is he?"

I looked up at her before shrugging my shoulders. "Neil's someone that you shouldn't be chasing. He might look: all nice and polite. But he's a freak underneath all that sugar."

She licked her lips before saying: "I like me some freak. So, his name is Neil? Sexy. Does he have a good voice?"

I sighed annoyingly. "Laura, can you stop? I have a headache just talking about him."

"Then you have a big problem, girl. He's going to be with you through the whole year."

"What!?" I shouted at her in shock.

"Katrina told me. By how much she could read from his report: you're still young and need guidance from an expert. I'd like to be guided by him in bed."

"Damn it, Laura, keep it in your fucking pants and stick to the matter at hand!!"

She rolled her eyes that had a carefully traced cat eyeliner, and said: "Our fluff decided that it's best to leave him with you. He said, and I quote: "He's a professional after all, isn't he?" She stopped her short performance and said in her normal voice: "I envy you, sweetheart. I'd want to be stuck with a hot psychologist till the end of the year, and not those stupid piles of papers!" She sighed in annoyance before leaning on the printing machine on my desk.

I kept rubbing my temples. "No, no, this can't be true. I can't be stuck with that lunatic for the whole year. No, no, this must be a dream. I need to speak to Williams. It can't be true."

"The contract has already been signed. If you want, we can switch places. I wouldn't mind."

"Fuck! Laura, this isn't even funny. You don't know him as I do!"

She laughed a little. "Was he your ex or something? For a guy out of nowhere, you nurture a lot of hatred for him. Girl, spill the tea!"

"I-Never mind."

I looked up at the clock on the wall to notice that I have about ten minutes till the lecture starts, and that's how much I need to get to the classroom. I quickly picked up all the papers, kicked Laura out of the cabinet and stormed toward the classroom.

I swung the white wooden door open to see Neil and the principal, or as Laura likes to call him: fluff, chatting. In all the panic, I tried to smile while approaching them.

"You were right, Mr Black. She really needs your help. I'm glad that you made me read that report." I heard Mr Williams say.

"Good morning, Ms Taylor. I hope that your tardiness won't become a habit. Here's the contract. Mr Black will explain everything. If you don't improve as a teacher by the end of the year, I will be forced to fire you."