CHAPTER 8

I looked down at the floor and said in a low voice: "He's a nice guy."

"A nice guy?" Neil asked, surprised by my words.

"Yeah ..."

He pulled me closer to him by wrapping his arm around my waist and whispered: "Do I need to put a collar and leash on you so that you stay where I can reach you." A cold sweat ran down my back.

What the fuck is he talking about?

"But, there-"

"Shhhh, we'll talk at home."

The bell rang. I was caught in the swarm of children running around. Neil disappeared behind the corner. When I managed to get to the classroom, he wasn't there anymore.

I was even more nervous when he wasn't there. If he was here, I could at least see what he was doing. But right now, I don't know what he's planning.

The school day was over, and I took my sweet time putting together some papers for tomorrow in my cabinet. I knew that he was waiting for me at home. Coming up with a plan to make me miserable.

I was about to walk to my car when I remembered that Neil had driven me here this morning. I smacked my forehead with my hand and started to think of a way to get home. I collected my phone out of my purse to call a taxi, but Laura's message distracted me.

'Hey, could we talk? I don't want you to be angry at me. Please.'

I let out a sigh of annoyance. Maybe Laura would be a great way to get home, but I don't want to see her face right now. I'm still mad at her. She always has to bring out old arguments.

I called about a dozen taxi companies with no luck. I was getting ready to start walking home when my phone rang.

"Hello, Amalia here."

I heard a light male laugh. "You're so cute when you pick up a call."

I took a quick second to assess what he said. Did he just call me cute?

"Yes, Puppy, it's Master."

I shook off the strange feeling he gave me. "What do you want?!" I shouted at the phone.

He chuckled at my sudden wave of anger. "Oh, is someone hungry? You're always irritated when you are."

It's true. I'm hungry, but I'm not gonna' admit that to him.

"Shut up."

"I'll come pick you up. Wait in front of the school~"

I didn't have much or any other choice.

Finally, after fifteen minutes, he arrived. I sat in the driver's seat and crossed my arms.

He only smiled at me like an idiot and drove me home. After he parked near my apartment building, he made a great effort in walking right behind me.

We were in the elevator that was headed to the fifth floor. "I'm not letting you in. If you have something to say. Say it now," I annoyingly said.

He lightly laughed at my anger before saying: "Today we're going to my place."

"What?"

"Don't fight, Puppy. You need to be punished."

"But why?! There's no rule that I can't be with other people or go on a date-" I quickly covered my mouth with my hands.

"Date?" he said as his brow rose in surprise. "You plan on going on a date with that bimbo?"

"Yes!"

He laughed at me. Then he looked down at my face before seriously saying: "You're serious?"