Parents Again

Your jaw drops as you're taken aback by the last few words you've just heard. Did you hear them right ? Did she actually just asked this question ? It takes a couple of seconds for you to get back your composure and try to get a proper sentence out of your throat.

"What you... what do you mean... a newborn ? How ? Do you... want to... like, adopt ? Or I don't know, I..."

You're interrupted in your chaotic monologue by a familiar hand covering yours. Only then do you realize you've been looking away this whole time, and you finally take a look at her. She staring at you with this irresistible smile of hers, and just for a second, your mind seems clean of any chaos.

"I don't want to talk about how first. I want you to tell me if you would like to have a child. It is the most important thing. And don't feel pressured to answer right now, or to answer yes just because you're scared to lose me, because you won't. I will accept your choice, I don't care, I told you, I want you. So just take a moment to think about if you will, and if you just don't feel like it, it's okay and you can tell me now, it's fine."

"No, I don't need to think about it."

She tilts her head just a bit, the slightest sign of worry on her face. You know she expected you to give a quick answer, but you also assume she didn't guess it would be right away.

"Of course I would want to... I... I just don't know if I'll be a good mother."

"Y/N, honey..."

"No, it's just... a year ago I despised children and I would've been ready to put a kid I babysat in the oven to have a piece of quiet. So. Yeah, you get my point. But I desperately want to grow a family with you Angelina, I just don't know if I'm enough for that."

Her smile has increased, and you know for sure she expected this kind of answer and had already come up with an argument to fight your doubts.

"Honey. I wouldn't have asked you to adopt Mad if I didn't think you were good mother material. You're amazing with him, he loves you so much, I just told you, you're his mom, just like I am. And I'm a grown woman, a mother, and I wouldn't ask you to have another kid with me if I didn't think you could do it."

"So you think I can."

"Not only I think you can, but I think you're gonna do a marvelous job. I think you're gonna be better than I ever was with Mad when I first got him," she adds in a chuckle.

You still have a small frown on your face but her words did reassure you about whether you were for for the task or not. The doubts are still in there, along with the insecurities, but you have Angelina. She is there and she believes in you. And if she does so, you've come to learn that there are less reasons to worry, and the voices in your head calm down just a bit. You smile right back at her.

"So, we're having a kid then ?"

"It seems like we are."

"Isn't this the kind of thing you're supposed to talk about for a long time before taking a proper decision ? I mean it's big."

"Yeah it's big !" Angelina replies laughing, "But no, we don't need to discuss this that much longer if we both feel more than ready, happy and in love."

"That sounded kinda cheesy."

"Yeah, it kinda did," she chuckles again.

She has this type of smile that's different. Brighter. You're not quite sure you've seen it on her yet, but she has never looked more radiant than right now, and you're all in for the spectacle. This feeling spreading within yourself is a whole new thing as well, and it may scare you, but you know how to embrace it better now. Excitement. Happiness. Love. The perfect mix, the one you've been looking for without been knowing.

"So, am I allowed to ask now ?" you teasingly ask.

"Ask what, honey ?"

"Are we going to... adopt, or... Like Maddox ? Or like... I dont know, but you've thought about it, haven't you ?"

"I have yes," she answers with a quiet smile, "and though I had never truly envisaged being pregnant, I would like to be, if I live the experience with you. Or maybe you'd like to be."

"No, no... I... Just, keep..."

"I just want to experience every moment with you. It's special. I want to feel every moment, to be there for every moment, from the very start, so... I thought about sperm donation."

"Sperm donation ?"

"Yes. Anonymous, it'll just be a donor, but it will be our child. You'll adopt them when they're born and you will be their mother just as much as I will."

It takes a little time for you to process all of the information, and you stay silent for a few seconds, your mouth slightly open, unable to make a single sound.

"Honey, are you alright ?"

Her voice is like a wake up call and you're drawn back to reality real quick, the information still sinking in.

"Yes, it's just... It's a lot to take in, but... It does sound good, yeah. Yeah... It sounds amazing, even. It sounds crazy !"

Excitement is all that is starting to come up and you can feel your whole body shudder. An incurable itch that makes you stand up, Angelina following right up, an intrigued but content smile on her lips.

"It does, doesn't it ?"

"Yes, I... I wouldn't have guessed that, by mentioning it had been a year this our first encounter, we would have had this very conversation. It feels a bit... unreal."

"Oh don't worry, it'll become real soon enough."

"I know ! I just... wow."

"Wow."

You stare into the ocean eyes that you learnt to love so dearly, and hands in hands, you both just enjoy each other's presence, enjoy the moment that would never be lived again.

"We are going to be parents Angelina."

She laughs, throwing her head backwards, before coming back to you, placing her forehead on yours to look into your eyes in a oh so intently way.

"We already are, honey, don't forget it."

She closes the gap between you two and kisses your lips gently, before pulling back to the exact same position she was in just seconds before.

"But yes, Y/N. We are going to to be parents again."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
heyy, this has taken much more time than expected, long story short, i got dumped through a text (i'll probably regret sharing too much of my personal life here later but anyway) and i'm trying to deal with it as best as i can but it's tough so yeh
also i'm not familiar with the exact procedure of sperm donation, so if i don't get the details right, just blame it on the fact that it's a fan fiction and very thing doesn't have to be perfectly accurate
anyway hope that was okay, it's always harder to come back to a fanfic weeks later than the day after but i tried
-lou~