Eleven: lucky charm and I.E.D

Mia's P.O.V:

Garrett. Of course it was Garrett. How didn't I notice before?

It turned out one of Mason's closest friends was a serial killer. And being at her girlfriend's getting ready for a lacrosse game wasn't helping.

"What do you think about this one?" Violet showed me a beautiful jacket I wished I could have. "Mia? Are you okay?"

"Yeah," I awkwardly smiled. "I'm just nervous, I guess."

"About the game or about Liam not liking that shirt?" Violet gave me a playful smile, making me blush.

"Ha, ha; very funny." My eyes flew towards my shirt and I suddenly felt self-conscious. "Wait, do you think he won't like it?"

A laugh escaped Violet's mouth as she looked through her closet.

"He's head over heels for you," she said, not looking at me. "Whatever you wear is okay. But, if you want to make sure..."

She threw a blouse in my direction. With my leather jacket it would fit just fine.

"Thanks," I said. "I'll change in the bathroom."

Locking myself in the bathroom, I quickly changed into the blouse Violet gave me. I checked my phone, but I had no calls from Liam or anyone else.

Stiles had called me a couple of times since we left school, to ask again everything I knew about the party or Garrett.

I didn't know much, I heard him say he paid for the keg to impress Lydia Martin and that she could thank him later.

Just when I was getting out, I saw something that caught my attention. Hanging on right beside the mirror, the necklace Violet was always wearing. I've always thought it is a really pretty one. I took it into my hands, examining it.

I still don't know what happened next, maybe my fingers pressed it too much or whatever, but the lace was suddenly too hot for me to handle. I dropped it to the floor. It had taken a red colour and I turned the water on as I slowly picked it up. I pressed the round shape again and the heat was gone.

I carefully left it where I first found it. My finger hurt from the contact and I washed my hands frantically before getting out.

"It took you ages," Violet said, rolling her eyes. "Mason will get here soon."

"Great," I breathed. Joining her on the bed, a second object called my attention. "What is that?"

She looked at the jar with a yellowish content in her bedside table. A look I couldn't quite figure out crossed her face before she flashed me a smile. "That's wolfs bane. I got it for a science project."

Violet and Garrett were ahead of me in science, so I barely had classes with them. However, it didn't mean I didn't know anything about science and I could come with an idea as to why she'd need wolfs bane for school.

The name itself sounded terribly threatening, especially when the boy you like is catalogued as a wolf.

And that's me admitting I have a crush on Liam.

Mason got there and Violet secured the house before getting into Mason's dad car.

"How come your parents are never home?" I asked before I even thought about it.

Violet didn't look at me when she said, "they travel a lot."

The rest of the car trip can be resumed with an extreme awkward silence between us two.

I excused myself when we arrived and dialled Stiles' number. He strictly instructed me to call if I found anything.

"Are you on the field yet? I'm getting to the field," he said in a rush.