Eight: Lydia, Scott and the benefactor

Mia's P.O.V:

I was so scared I could have cried. But I didn't.

My main objective was to find Liam as quick as possible. If they were telling the truth, then he was a werewolf.

Liam was a werewolf.

Stiles and the girl Malia left me alone with Lydia Martin.

"Go upstairs, I'll meet you there."

I didn't have much of a choice, so I went upstairs and into the only room available. It was completely white and kind of creepy if you ask me.

I waited and waited, wondering if any of this was actually happening. Lydia Martin, the popular girl, was a banshee. What the hell?

According to the stories Grandma used to tell me, banshee's are beautiful women spirits that appear on Irish family clans when some of them is about to die.

Lydia wasn't a spirit. I wonder if she can predict death or something, that's just insane.

And what about the rest? They're a bunch of shape-shifters trying to fit in High School; putting us in danger.

I waited and waited, trying to come out with a plan to find Liam. Lydia finally made it to the room.

"Okay."

"Explain everything," I snapped. "How come all of this is happening? Is it true that Liam's a werewolf?"

"Sit down," Lydia instructs me. "We've been into all of this for quite a long time now. It all started with Scott bitten by an Alpha. In order to find who the Alpha was...it bit me. But, eh, I became a Banshee, not sure of why. Kira has always been a Kitsune, as well as Malia. And now? Scott bit Liam."

"Why would he?" I asked, not wanting to believe all of this.

"To save his life."

"Save him from what?"

"That's what we're trying to figure out," I could tell she was using a lot of patience.

"Alright, how can I help?"

"You don't. You go home and forget about everything."

"Are you damn serious right now? You already told me what's going on and you told me Liam's part of it. I won't leave him alone... Lydia? Uh, are you alright?"

Lydia wasn't paying me attention anymore. She just stood up and walked towards the neat white wall. She stared, stared for a very long time.

She titled her head to the side and kept staring, hearing intently.

"Allison," she finally whispered. "Allison..."

"Who's Allison?" I managed to mumble.

After several minutes, Lydia finally turned around.

"Allison's the key code," she said. "The laptop...we need the laptop."

I was following right after Lydia, when I ran into Mason.

"Hey!" I greeted him.

"Where have you been? Where's Liam?" he asked with a smile.

Crap, I couldn't tell him. Could I?

"Remember he hangs out with Juniors now?" I tried my best. "Well, he left somewhere with this girl Kira and introduced me the one and only Lydia Martin."

"Oh, I get it," Mason laughed. "Garrett just paid for a huge beer can, shall we?"

"Oh, alright." I wasn't a big fan of alcohol. What other choices I had?

We met our friends down at the party. Lydia was nowhere to be seen. I swear I heard someone roaring in the basement. I ignored. I danced with Mason and Violet and Garrett, hoping that Liam was fine and trying to figure out what "Allison" meant.

Liam's P.O.V:

As soon as I woke up, I was able to break free. I ran towards the woods, not minding my fangs and claws. I was a monster. And Mia knew.

Everyone would hate me know, Scott made me a freak. I spotted Scott chasing after me.

I knew what I had to do now that he got me extra strength. I jumped over him, knocking him to the ground.

"Liam, stop!" he begged.

"What did you do to me?!" I cried, although it came out like a roar. "I swear to God, this is your fault, this is your fault!"

I was desperate. I couldn't be normal again, I couldn't have friends now. I was a danger for everyone. For Mia.

A flying arrow crashed the nearest tree, sending a flashing light that made me blind. I immediately covered my eyes. screaming in pain as I ran away. Escaping was the only sane thing I could think of.

I ran and ran and ran and only stopped when this killing sound was tearing my ears apart.

I screamed and shouted and cried as I felt how I was slowly turning into a human again. I couldn't believe this was happening to me.

The noise stopped when Scott found me once again. I kept sobbing, I couldn't really help it.

"What's happening to me?" I breathed out.

"The same thing that happened to me," he said, finally sounding like himself.

I didn't dare to speak until Scott knelt down next to me.

"They can't know about this. My mom, my stepdad...I can't do this to them again."

"What do you mean again?"

"I got kicked out of school...and I deserved it." It was the first time I admitted this out loud.  "The way they looked to me when they saw what I did to that car..."

"Liam, it's alright."

"They can't see me like this...like...like..."

I wished I was able to stop crying.

"Like a monster?" Scott softly asked. Maybe he was telling the truth and he knew what I was going through.

I nodded. Scott stood up.

"You're not a monster. You're a werewolf, like me."

I slowly looked up to meet his glowing eyes.

We should have stayed home.