Nine: broken sticks and I.E.D

Mia's P.O.V:

"Hey, Liam; it's me...again," I awkwardly laughed into the phone. "I-uh, I want to talk to you. Tonight was like, crazy, wasn't it? Anyways...call me when you hear this. I hope you're fine, see you soon...bye."

It was the third voice mail I sent to Liam on the way home.

"He's fine, get over it."

"Why are you so heartless?" I snapped. I was sick of Stiles and his whole group of friends. His girlfriend Malia was sleeping in the backseats in a very un-girly way. Still, she still managed to look pretty.

"He's with Scott, he'll be fine." He was nervously tapping the steering wheel.

"Are you okay?" I carefully asked.

"No, I'm not." He finally sighed.

"What happened? Apart from everyone going crazy," I remarked sarcastically.

"Ha-ha." he rolled his eyes. "Never mind, it's none of your business. Leave it to the supernatural."

"Are you supernatural?"

"Dammit, Mia! Will you shut up? I'm not okay, I'm not. But I know enough to..."

"To what?"

"Survive." He looked at me for a second, dead serious. "It wasn't easy for us. We've seen death right in front of us, way too many times. I strongly recommend you to stay away from all of this."

"I want to help, Stiles." By the time I said this, he had parked in my driveway.

"You're screwed."

"Thanks." I rolled my eyes at him and left the car without a word.

"Hey, how was the party?" Mom asked from the kitchen.

"Shouldn't you be asleep?" I greeted her, "It was cool. I had fun." I lied.

Anxiety and fear were taking over me. I didn't see Liam after they took him away. What if he was in trouble?

"Nice. Your sister won't shut up. Dad is trying to make her fall asleep." Mom laughed.

"Oh, God. I'll go and try to sleep." I kissed my mother goodbye and went to bed.

I couldn't sleep at all. I was too worried about Liam and what could be happening to him. Maybe shifting was painful... and what about hunters? Movies always have creepy hunters.

This was all too overwhelming. However, I wasn't leaving him alone.

I spent the weekend with my mom and Nicole, mostly because I had no way to get to Liam. I didn't get one single reply.

I dragged myself to school, sitting in the back of the bus. Violet and Garrett were there, but since Mason wasn't, they just ignored me.

In all honesty, it was better this way; I had too much to worry about.

During the course of the weekend I tried to convince myself this was just a dream. None of this was real. How could it be? Liam and Scott werewolves? Give me a rest.

That girl Malia was really convincing with the glowing eyes though. And Liam did react badly on the full moon.

But what happened next? I was desperate to know.

And sadly, I had no luck when I looked for Liam in the school halls.

Liam's P.O.V:

Scott dropped me home after the party. He said I must call him whenever I felt like losing control.