Two: lacrosse and 117

Next day didn't get any better. It seemed like my friends didn't really want to be with me, if we don't count Mason, who's a sunshine.

"Hey, guys," I greeted them.

Garrett stopped talking and Violet glanced at me.

"Hi, Mia," Mason said, kissing my cheek.

"What's up?" I casually asked them. Violet opened her mouth to say something but someone else talked instead.

"Lacrosse try outs are tomorrow," Liam blurted, looking at me. "I'm going to be the first freshman that makes it to first line." He gave me his award winning smile.

"Of course you will," I remarked sarcastically. "Garrett, are you going to try for the team as well?"

"Yeah," Garrett smiled at me. He isn't that much of a jerk. "But I'm not as good as Liam."

"That isn't important, you're good anyway." Violet shrugged it off.

After a while of nonsense talk I left them to go to class.

When free period finally came, Mason was the one to ditch me, since he was stuck on a project with a boy called Andrew.

Don't ask.

So I went to the lacrosse fields, just walking around and sitting on different spots on the bleachers.

I spotted a lacrosse stick on the bench and went over to grab it.

I never really understood how to play lacrosse, but my dad likes it a lot and we always go to the games. Last year it was a really weird season if you ask me; besides, it was the first time ever Beacon Hills High School had co-captains.

I took a ball and set it into the net of the stick. I quickly looked around after realizing no one really comes over here when practise hasn't actually started.

I aimed at the goal and the ball hit the net. I smiled at myself as I ran to take the ball and throw it once again.

It was actually fun.

"You're doing it wrong." I turned around to see Liam walking towards me.

"What are you doing here?" I supported myself on the stick as I smiled at him.

"I was stuck with Mason and that guy." Liam shrugged, stopping four inches away from me.

I giggled at the thought of Liam and a science project together.

"And so you decided to leave Mason when you got bored?"

"I decided to leave him when he mentioned you were here," he said, putting a hand on the stick and the four inches became two.

Intense minutes of staring at each other in silence passed by.

"Come on," he finally looked away, taking the stick with him. "I'll teach you."

He then made a perfect shot.

"It's all on the wrist."

I laughed as I walked towards him. He taught me how to put my hands and what movements do with them.

"Well, that was fun," I commented as I sat down on the bench. Free period would be over any minute now.

"It is the least I can do," he said, sitting dangerously close to me. "You know, after you helped me with maths and all."

"That was nothing." I shrugged it off. "We should go back; I have to get to my locker."

"You have to make a goal first," he said smiling in a childish way. "If you make it, you're free to go."

I stand up and follow him, taking a stick on my way.

"And if I don't?"

"You have to go out with me. I'll make it to first line tomorrow, and I need someone to celebrate with."

"You should attend the try outs first, don't you think?"

He rolled his eyes, confidence evident on him.

"Go ahead!" he exclaimed already in the goalie position.

Here goes nothing.

I threw the ball only for him to catch it. He laughed as I rolled my eyes at him and started walking towards the building.

"I'll give you my number."

"I didn't ask for it." He smirked down at me.

"Then you won't have it." I kept on walking, him following close beside me.

"I'd really like to have your number," he insisted and I laughed at his attitude.

"Make up your mind, will you?" I waited for him to give me his phone and I quickly taped away my number, saving it as 'Mia', obviously.

I didn't see him until the day was over. Mason wasn't taking the bus again and I didn't even asked why this time. Ice cream date was still happening later.

When I got in, Liam was already sitting in the same spot as the day before.

"Hi," I greeted him, taking the seat beside him.

"Hi, Mia." He smiled at me before looking out of the window.

This time I didn't know what to say, so I didn't say anything. The bus drove away from school and Liam kept looking out of the window. I stared at him as he zoned off, a hint of sadness in his features. He slowly turned his gaze to meet mine and gave me a sad smile.

"We do a lot of staring, you know," he said barely above a whisper.

It still surprised me how moody he could get.

"Is everything alright in there, Liam?"

"Yeah." He scratched the back of his neck. "Yeah, I was just thinking."

I didn't want to push it further, although I really wanted to know.

"You better think of some really cool place to take me out...you know, right after you make it to first line."

His eyes lit up as a big smile appeared on his face. I swear he has extremely quick mood changes.

"Do you really want to go out with me?"

"I don't mind going out with you. It'd be fun."

"Why?" he questioned me.

"Because you can be a jerk sometimes, but some other times you are actually nice."

"Even though I stare at you a lot?"

"I do that too so, hey," he chuckled at my remark as I stood up.

"Bye, Liam; see you at the field."

"Bye, Mia; see you tomorrow morning," he corrected as I got down.

Why he suddenly made his way into my life? I'll never know. But as I walked towards my house and recalled our lacrosse lesson, I smiled at the thought of him and thanked whoever that put him in my way for doing so.

- - - -

thank you for the votes! Scott and everyone else are on next chapter (: comment what you think and all of that lol

love you