Ghosts From The Past?

+Taehui POV+

what? It can't be...

"But you..." you start to mumble out but she cuts you off.

"died? That's what you thought. But Felix here saved me that day."

You stare at Felix in disbelief.

"Ryujin thinks I killed Ni-na that day but I didn't. Those screams you heard? I was blasting girls screaming in scary movies to make it seem like I was killing her slowly."

You blink slowly, not processing this new information.

"I don't understand..." you mumble and Ni-na chuckles.

"And what I don't understand is why you wanted me killed." She says, staring you down.

"Because I started dating Choi Jihoon? Seriously Taehui." She glares you down and you don't know what to say.

Your face has been drained of all colour and you're speechless.

"I...I'm sorry Ni-na. I really am. When I told father about it I didn't think he'd order what he did. That doesn't excuse what I did but I'm so sorry Ni-na." You ramble your apology to her that you'd been wanting to tell her for so long.

She scoffs.

"I know. I did the most evil thing to my best friend and a sorry won't make it better. But I'm hoping it's a start."

She stares at you and then huffs out in frustration.

"Damn. Why do you make it so hard to stay mad?"

"This isn't me forgiving you for having your dad order my death. But...you're right it is a start. I can see you genuinely feel terrible about it all so."

You stare at her in shock.

"You know I wasn't trying to make you forgive me in any way. I just wanted you know I feel horrible about what happened back then."

She nods and walks over to you.

"I never planned to hurt you in any way Taehui. I just wanted to hear if you felt bad or not. And it seems you do so we're on good terms but it won't be like how it used to be."

"Of course I understand it won't be like old times but I'm glad we're on good terms."

She smiles and has you untied.

But her men keep their strong hold on you.

"Oh Taehui. You're still as naive as ever."

And that's when it hits you.

That was all a lie. Your best friend Ni-na did die that day. This is the daughter of the Seo family. As you all thought.

Even Felix looks surprised.

"I can't believe you actually thought I was your friend Ni-na."

Felix seems like he doesn't know what she's talking about either.

"I'm Seo Hanji. And it wasn't Felix that killed Ni-na. It was me."

You're shocked beyond words that Ni-na really did die because of you.
You collapse to the ground at the realisation you really did lose your best friend.

"Ni-na...no..."

Hanji squats down near you and lifts your head and brings it to her eye level.

"I pretended to be her and gained Felix's trust. I don't need Felix anymore hence why I'm revealing everything." she says and Felix's face drops.