Chapter 23: Not That Far Away

(LOUIS' POV)

I put my earbuds in my ears and took one last look at myself in the mirror before going onstage. We were performing in London tonight, and I have to say it was good to be this close to home. They crowd was going crazy and the humid air flowing through the stadium wasn't really helping the nerves.

People may not believe it, but we all get pretty nervous before we go on stage. I think its mainly because we don't want to disappoint the fans. The beginning of Kiss You started to play and the rest of the boys ran out, me quickly following behind.

The screams got louder as we all began to sing along to the beat provided by our band. Harry and I were doing some weird dance we learned the other day, and the fans seemed to really be enjoying it. It was funny how anything we do just got them all so excited.

Kiss You came to an end and our next song on the set list began to play. Beads of sweat trickled down my face as the end of Back For You played. And with that, the boys and I ran off stage to do our first change of the night. I quickly slid my white tee shirt off and grabbed my navy button down instead, pulling my arms through the sleeves and buttoning the collar up. Then, I put on a pair of jeans and grabbed my microphone, ready to go back out and perform.

The other boys finished seconds after I did and I smiled. We always liked to race to see who could change the fastest. Usually me or Niall won. Going back on stage I felt the hot, bright spotlight hit my face. It scared me at first and made me jump, but I just laughed it off and ran over to my spot on the stage. We sang They Don't Know About Us and then Still The One. Finally it was time for my favorite part of the show. We have been doing tweets since the Up All Night Tour. I think its the perfect way for us to connect with the fans during the show.

The first question popped up on the screen behind us and that was Zayn's queue to read it aloud.

"Alright. Mia in Section 125, Row 27, Seat 3 wants to know if any of us can dance to Gangnam style! Anyone willing to give it a try?" he laughed as the famous song began to fill the stadium. Sadly, I only knew the first part of the dance. And I was extremely bad at it. But the rest of the guys followed my lead and soon we were actually doing it in sync. The song ended and we all started laughing. I quickly ran over to the back of the stage to get a quick sip of my water while the next question was being put on the screen.

"Okay, this is from Taylor in Section 132, Row 2, Seat 12. She asks what everyone's favorite and least favorite parts about being on tour are." Niall say happily into the microphone while the rest of the boys and I looked for "Taylor" and wave to her from the stage.

"My favorite is probably getting to see all the beautiful fans all over the world!" Harry shouted, making the whole crowd scream. Luckily my earbuds blocked out most of the sound so I wouldn't go deaf or something like that. We all nodded our heads and agreed with Harry's answer and I let the rest of the boys talk about their least favorite parts while I looked around the stadium.

I saw lots of girls with huge posters. Some of them were really cool. One had lights all over it, and another was a 3D model of the phone-booth from the album. I looked around a little bit more until something off to the left caught my eye. I squinted my eyes and began to read the sign. It was a bright blue color and the lettering contrasted the background in a bright green. The handwriting wasn't all the great, but I managed to make it out: I Love Louley. Louley, if you don't already know, is the nickname fans gave Ashley and I. I smiled and waved to the fan holding it up, who then let out a squeal and began to jump up and down, waving the sign all over the place. I laughed and looked down at the floor. Ashley, I miss my beautiful girl. I wish she was here with me now.

"Louis, you there?" someone waved their hand in front of my face. I looked up to see all the fans and boys staring at me, the whole room almost completely silent.