Chapter 6 : Progress

(A.N: I'm sorry if you're getting a lot of notifications from my story. I tend to go back and read my own work. Which leads to me finding a lot of errors. So I'm sorry for that. I also apologize for not updating yesterday, it was my birthday so I was a little busy. Anyways thank you all for your patience.)

     You woke when a sharp pain began to radiate from your right side. Paired with the agony you felt the first time you woke up, you gasped for air and your eyes flew open to hold your side. There was a recognizable yell coming from directly above when you looked up. Your hearing was distorted along with your vision being blurred, but you could make out the silhouette of The Golden Guard.

     He stood above you holding his artificial palisman while shouting at another guard that stood on the side your pain was inflicted. You only caught the ass end of the argument once your senses started to focus in.

     "That was completely unnecessary, Steve! Get out of here you've done your job!"

     The other guard left without another word and The Golden Guard knelt down to you on the ground, placing his palisman against a wall. Your eyes were slightly opened when Goldie took one of your arms to examine it. He took off a glove and you could feel his soft fingers run across your skin.

     Only then did it register that some parts of your arm where more tender than others. Although he knew you were awake, but continued to examine your features. His touch is oddly soothing.

     You thought, but quickly brushed it away out of embarrassment. Taking your arm from his hold you sat up quickly and took in a sharp breath that you immediately let out.

     "Ggaa damn that hurts." You said while steading yourself. Goldie stayed kneeling in front of you as you began to sit yourself to face him.

     "Sorry about the automatic shock feature. If you're seen to be a threat it kinda just ... goes off." He apologized with a sincere tone as he replaced his glove. You rubbed your neck realizing the reason you passed out was due to a feature in the collar. A soft sigh came from you as you let your eyelids fall for a moment before looking back at him.

     "Ya. It wasn't fun. Neither was that kick in the side." You snarled, lowering your hands from your neck.

     "Seems to me we should've started with the Titans blood." The Golden Guard said changing the subject. You glared at him while the pain started to make its way back in waves. Some were lite and nearly painless while others grew almost to the point of crippling you back to laying on the ground.

     "Oh please," you scoffed. "I'm in the most pain I've ever been in my int-" You were cut off. The pain that flooded in was stronger than the ones before it. You held your arms over your chest making the chains rattle as small flames formed a circle around you.

     The pain was intense but with the flame's arrival, it started to subside. The sparks circled which allowed you to look back up at Golden Guard who held the button and was about to press it. With a slight shake to your sigh, you allowed a pleading look to arrive on your face.

     "Please. This is the only thing that helps with the discomfort." You begged. You hated begging, It made you feel weak and submissive, but you truly didn't want to go back to that torturous feeling. He held the button in his hand for a moment longer before lowering it away into his pocket once more.

     Unexpectedly Goldie reached out a hand towards your wrist even with the flames still flying around you. You allowed your arms to fall from your chest so he wouldn't have to reach through the flames. He held one band in his hand while he took a set of keys out of his pocket with the other.