Chapter 17: Burn Baby Burn

(A/N: I know this is trash but I'm trying to get to the point I want to be at in order to finish this story. So just take this for now alright? :,] didn't realize it's almost been 2 years my b.)

     The next morning you woke up feeling a tight hold around your torso as you tried to get out of bed. Still being held down you turned your head slightly only to be met with the face of a sleeping Hunter. His face was buried in the crook of your neck and his arm held held you firmly in place to prevent you from going anywhere.

     Hunter shuffled a little in his sleep as he tried to get closer to you and your warmth. You leaned into the touch and felt yourself start to close your eyes again in order to fall asleep in his arms. However you stopped yourself.

     "Holy shit." A burning feeling rushed to your face as you realized what was happening which only caused you to struggle against his hold. Although you were starting to enjoy it, you couldn't. You couldn't feel this way for a guy who had taken you from Eda and tortured you all because some wack job in a mask told him to. You pried open his arms only to realize he also had one of your legs wrapped between his legs.

     "Oh what the hell." You said as you pulled your leg from his grip. You laughed in triumph only to quickly lose your balance and fall onto the floor like. With the crash Hunter had then woken up and looked over the side to see you laying on your back. He laughed which he quickly replaced with a mocking tone and fake concern.

     "Need some help there?" He asked before going back to laughing. All he received in response was a foot to the face and a glare as you got up from the floor with a groan.

     "I'm fine." You growled as you quickly went to the dresser and pulled out your clothes for the day. Walking to the bathroom you shut the door behind you and quickly got dressed for the training Hunter had mentioned you would be having to participate in. It hadn't taken you long to get changed, but when you came back, Hunter was dressed and held a letter in his hands which he was intently reading with a stern look.

     "What's that?" You asked coming up behind him to try and read over his shoulder.

     "Emperor Belos wishes for us to skip training and immediately do field work." Hunter explained. His words trailed off as he spoke as if he was almost worried. What did he have to be worried about?

     "Well let's just hope it's nothing too hard, ya?" You said as you tossed Hunter his mask, which he caught. He held his mask in two hands and held it's gaze for long moment before putting in on. Hunter looked quite stern as though he was trying to place peices together that didn't fit.

     "Ya. Lets get going." He said as he turned to the door and walked out.

     "Wake up y/n!" You heard a frantic voice yell as you felt the heat of, what all you could assume was, flames surrounding you and whoever was brave enough to be standing in the mids of them with you. As you opened your eyes and you came to, you realized it was Hunter who was standing over you. So not a brave hero, a stupid boy.

     "What happened?" You asked as you started to sit up from where you were laying on the floor. Although you couldn't see Hunter's face, you could tell he was scared. The building was starting to collapse around the two of you and there was no time for long explanations.

     "You don't remember anything?" Hunter asked as he pulled you up and started to frantically look for a way out. You shrugged your shoulders before looking with him for a way out.

     "Maybe I can control the flames to make a clear path?" You said as you put out a hand and started to focuse on moving the flames. There was a hard slap to the back of your hand that caused you to pull it back and rub it. Hunter glared at you through his mask.

     "You've helped enough with your powers. That's how we got into this mess." He growled before grabbing your wrist and pulling you out of the way of a falling beam.

     "Now come on before we're buried and burned alive." You felt a tinge of fear entire your body as you never seen Hunter genuinely angry and fearful before. What did he mean this is how you got here? You'd have to ask later since at that moment you were being pulled and teleported through the flames.

     You squeezed your eyes as hard as you could to avoid getting nauseous from all the shifting from the ground to the ceiling and back again. Soon the two of you had landed a fair distance outside of the building with little to no burn marks on either of your clothes. As you looked back at the building you self a cold chill run down your spin.

     "...your powers. That's how we got into this mess." You recalled Hunters words as you looked over to him. He was out of breath and kneeling over as you examand him.

      You did this. 

     "You've disappointed me Golden Guird. I'm starting to think I can't trust your judgement." Belos was standing at his throne while Hunter and yourself were kneeling below. Your blood was boiling from this ass hole acting high and mighty. As if he wasn't the one who sent you out, with no training, on a mission that most definitely needed some sort of training.

     "I'm sorry sir. It won't happen again." Hunter said under his mask. Your heart broke for him.

     "You're right. Because I'm giving her over to a more capable teacher. I was a fool to believe you should be the one to look after them." Belos said. You chuckled before mumbling under my breath.

     "You're a fool all right." This earned you a swift kick to the head from one of the guards who had been holding you down in a kneeling position the whole meeting. Belos turned before glaring down at the two of you and coming down from his throne. Your heart began to pounded in your chest as you felt an icy hand grip your face firmly and forcing your gaze to meet his masked one.

     "You'll learn to obey soon enough. Darius!" Belos called out as he let go of your face and turned to the abominations coven head witch.

     "Yes Emperor Belos?" He stepped forward when his name was called and your heart fell into your chest. You were fucked.

Word count: 1149