06. Archery

I got dressed in some blue jean shorts, a black tank top, and wore a blue and black flannel as well. I slipped on my black converse and grabbed my bag and phone.

Xavier was on his way to my house. I jogged to the kitchen. I stopped, surprised to see my parents sitting down on the table dressed in their pajamas.

"You guys didn't go to work today?" I asked, surprised.

"We called in sick," my mom replied, nodding her head. "Neither of us felt like working today."

"Where are you going?" My dad asked, confused.

"I'm going to go out with Xavier," I replied, biting my lip. "He's going to try to teach me archery."

"Ohh," both my parents said in sync. "Be safe."

"I will," I replied, nodding my head. "He's probably going to come any minute now."

And as if on cue, the doorbell rang. I smiled, walking over to it. I opened the door and saw a smirking Xavier.

"Hey, darling," Xavier said. "Ready to go?"

"Yeah," I said, nodding my head. "Let me just say bye to my parents."

"They're here?" Xavier asked, surprised. "May I meet them?"

"Of course," I replied, grinning.

I opened the door for Xavier to come in and he smiled at me. I closed the door and held Xavier's hand as we walked to the kitchen.

"Mom. Dad. This is Xavier Hale," I said, gesturing towards him. "Xavier, these are my parents."

My parents stood up, smiling. "It's nice to meet you, Xavier," My dad said, shaking his hand.

"The pleasure is all mine, Mr. Gonzalez." Xavier said, shaking his hand.

"Call me Mario!" My dad chuckled. "Being called Mr. Gonzalez makes me feel like I'm at work."

Xavier laughed, nodding his head. "Will do, Sir."

My mom then hugged Xavier and he hugged her back. "It's nice to meet you, honey," my mom said, pulling away from the hug.

"And it is nice to finally meet the beautiful mother of my beautiful girlfriend," Xavier said, smiling.

"Thank you," my mom said, grinning. "And call me Ana."

"We should get going," I said, biting my lip. "I'm excited to try out archery."

Xavier chuckled. "Alright, darling."

My parents started walking with Xavier and I toward the door. "It was really nice meeting you Mr. and Mrs. Gonzalez...I mean Mario and Ana," Xavier said, turning to look at my parents.

"It was nice meeting you as well," my mom said, smiling and my dad nodded his head.

"I feel as though we should have lunch or dinner together," Xavier said, turning to look at me then to my parents. "I would love to get to know you better."

"How about dinner this Friday?" My mom asked, smiling.

Xavier smiled. "I'll be there."

I smiled, noticing how my parents really liked Xavier. "Alright," Xavier said, looking at me. "Let's go."

I smiled, excitedly. "Bye mom, bye dad. I love you."

I walked out the door, holding Xavier's hand.

"Bye sweetheart, we love you!" My dad and mom said in sync.

Xavier and I got inside his car and he lot out a breath.