08. It's a ship name

I lied down in bed, looking up at the ceiling. I couldn't sleep. I felt exhausted, but sleep just wasn't coming to me. I sighed, turning to my side.

I wish I could sleep with Dylan O'Brien by my side. Wait. Scratch that. If Dylan O'Brien was next to me, we would definitely not be sleeping.

I grabbed my phone from my nightstand. I checked the time and it was 11:09pm. I didn't really know what I was exactly thinking when I called Xavier, but I nervously held the phone to my ear.

It rang once before I heard that British accent, "Ryan?"

"I...erm...it's 11:11 make a wish," I said, nervously.

It's 11:11 make a wish? Really, Ryan, really? I mentally slapped myself on my forehead and sighed.

"Did you make a wish?" Xavier asked, after a few seconds.

"Huh?" I asked, forgetting about my stupid excuse of calling him. "Oh, yeah, yeah."

Xavier chuckled and I closed my eyes, making a stupid wish. Well, it actually wasn't stupid, more like a fantasy. Having Dylan O'Brien carry me away from my boring life and taking me to Paris isn't a waste of an 11:11 wish, right? Of course not, anything involving Dylan O'Brien is not a waste.

"Ryan, are you even listening to me?"

"Oh, yeah," I said, shaking my head.

"So, you will then?" Xavier asked.

Will what? Why the frick was I not listening instead of fantasizing about Dylan O'Brien?

"Will I what?" I asked, biting my lip nervously. "I'm sorry. I wasn't listening. I was, erm, fascinating about Dylan O'Brien..."

Xavier sighed. "Will you accompany me to my dad's business party thing this Saturday night?"

"Oh," I said, taken back. "Of course."

"Okay," Xavier said. "Thank you, darling."

"You're welcome," I said, a small smile tugging on my lips. "So, did you actually want to go to this business party thing or do you have to go?"

"The second choice," Xavier chuckled. "I'd rather be sat at home watching football, well, soccer not the American football."

I laughed. "I'd rather be re-watching Teen Wolf and obsessing over stydia."

"Stydia?" Xavier said. "What in the bloody hell is that?"

"It's a ship name," I replied, bluntly. "It's Stiles and Lydia's ship name to be exact...Stydia."

"What's a ship?" Xavier asked, confused.

"It's, like, when there are to people that you want to be together and you think they'd be a cute couple," I tried my best to explain. "So you, like, ship them."

Xavier chuckled. "So is stydia your OTP?"

"Obviously!" I practically shouted, grinning. "They're literally so adorable and perfect for each other - wait a minute. You know what OTP means?"

Xavier laughed. "Guilty."

"If you know what OTP means, then I'm one hundred and twenty-three percent positive you know what ship means," I said, slightly laughing.

"First, do not question how I know these things," Xavier said, causing me to laugh. "And secondly, I do know what ship means. I just thought it'd be cute to hear you explain it to me; it was adorable."

"Oh," I smiled, blushing a little at his words.

I checked the time on my phone and it was now 11:30pm.