10. Business Party

Saturday came around rather quickly. This week had gone by fast and was more boring than usual. I mean, the highlight of my week was dancing around my room, listening to Halsey's music while singing from the top of my lungs.

At the moment, I was getting ready for Xavier's dad's business party crap. I picked out my dark red dress and black heels. My dress was strapless and fit my body perfectly, well, I thought it did because I know I looked pretty damn good, and I'd date myself if I were a guy. I have no idea where this small amount of confidence came from, but I liked it.

After I got dressed, I curled my hair and then slipped on my shoes. I grabbed my small black bag and walked downstairs.

My mom was stuck at the Blake family's house all day, helping with a birthday party. My dad, on the other hand, was playing soccer with some of his friends. Kind of surprising that my parents have friends, considering that they're workaholics.

The doorbell rang and I quickly opened the door. I was greeted by Xavier, who was wearing a black suit and looked so fucking hot. As you can see, I have a weak spot for men in suits.

"You look wow," I said, grinning.

"No, darling," Xavier said, shaking his head. "You look wow...you're so stunning."

I blushed, smiling like crazy. "Thanks."

"You're welcome, darling," Xavier said. "Ready to go?"

"Yeah," I said, nodding my head.

~

The venue was huge. There were tables for people around the room, a bar towards the back, a dance floor for people, and a shit load of people.

I started getting a little nervous and scared. What if Mr. Hale and his business associates think I look terrible? Am I even dressed appropriate for this business party?

"Everything's okay, darling," Xavier whispered in my ear, wrapping his arm around my waist. Xavier held me close to him, in a comforting way. He must have noticed that I was a little scared. Was it that obvious? "Don't be scared."

I nodded my head and gave Xavier a quick kiss on the cheek. Xavier and I walked to his dad and his business associates.

"Hello, dad," Xavier said, looking at his father. He then turned to the three men next to Mr. Hale. "Good evening, men."

"Nice to see you again, Xavier," One man said, shaking Xavier's hand.

"It's been too long," The other man said, shaking Xavier's hand.

"What Jack and Jack said," the last guy said, laughing.

"Who's this?" Jack said, gesturing towards me. The Jack who asked about me had blonde hair, pale skin, and blue eyes. The other Jack had black hair, tan skin, brown eyes, and one hell of a jawline.

"This is my girlfriend, Ryan," Xavier said, smiling at me. "Ryan these are my fathers business associates, Jack, Jack, and Matthew...and you already know my dad."

Matthew had brown hair, brown eyes, and tan skin.

"Nice to meet you," I said, shaking shaking all their hands. "And it's nice to see you again, Mr. Hale."

"I wish I could say the same," Mr. Hale mumbled. "I'm going to go find your mother."

And with that Mr. Hale walked off. I turned to Xavier and he was glaring at his dad.

"Nice to know he likes me," I muttered, sarcastically.

"I don't care if he does or doesn't like you - even though he's an idiot for not liking you - darling," Xavier said, turning to look at me. He kissed my forehead and smiled at me. "I like you and that's all that counts."