24. Home

One month and a half; that's how long it's been since my dad passed. Things are getting better, I guess. Xavier, Destiny and everyone still help when things are tough.

School was busier than ever and graduation was just around the corner. In three weeks we were going to graduate. I've still been working as a stripper; it gets my mind off of everything.

At the moment, I was with Xavier at his house - well, mansion. Xavier and I were watching a movie in his room. His parents were down stairs together.

"So, what do you think is happening at prom?" Xavier asked.

Did I forget to mention it was prom night?

"People are probably getting drunk," I bluntly said. "Some are probably 'dancing the night away'."

Xavier chuckled. "I'd rather be spending time with you, doing anything other than that."

"Prom is just stupid," I breathed out. "And I'm happy you feel the same way."

Xavier smiled. "I couldn't have said it better myself."

"How's everything with your dad and the business?" I asked, looking up at Xavier.

Xavier sighed. "Frustrating."

I nodded my head, biting my lip.

"I wouldn't want to work there ever," Xavier said. "Unless, something awful were to happen."

"How are things at home for you?" Xavier asked, looking down at me.

"My house doesn't even feel like home," I breathed out, looking up at him. "Nothing feels like home."

"Well, you know what they say. Home is where your heart is," Xavier said, giving me a small smile. "So, where's your heart?"

I looked down, not really knowing what to do or say. "To be honest, I don't know."

Xavier made me look up at him. He softly kissed me and I felt myself smiling through the kiss. He pulled away from the kiss and kissed my forehead.

"Let's go somewhere," Xavier said, grinning. "Let's get our minds off of things."

I let out a small laugh, "Okay."

Xavier quickly stood up and pulled me up quickly. He had a smile that a kid would have in a candy shop, looking at all the candy to choose from.

I slipped on my boots and Xavier put on his vans. He was wearing some light brown pants with a white long sleeve shirt with a wrist watch. I was wearing some black leggings with one of Xavier's hoodies.

He laced our fingers together as we walked downstairs. I tried my best to ignore the glare I was getting from Mr. Hale when we were leaving.

"So, where are we going?" I asked, looking at Xavier while he started the car.

"Well, I thought it'd be fun to go ice skating," Xavier grinned. "And, I hope you don't mind that security will be watching us; God, I wish my dad would stop sending them to stalk us."

"Hopefully I don't fall on my ass," I breathed out. "And hopefully people don't laugh at me when I fall."

"Well, I'll try my best to make sure you don't fall on your arse," Xavier chuckled, taking a quick glance at me. "And, if you were to fall on your arse no one will laugh."

"How do you know they won't laugh?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Because no one is going to be there," Xavier shrugged. "I may or may not have rented out the entire ice rink to ourselves."