30. Caught

"Mom, are you awake?" I asked, knocking on my mom's door. "Mom?"

I opened the door and found my mom asleep on her bed. She was hugging my dad's jacket.

"I miss him, too," I whispered, looking down.

I stood up, wiping a tear and woke up my mom. Lately, things with my mom and I haven't been good. We hardly talk, she drowns herself in work or alcohol, and sleeps a majority of the day.

I've talked with our doctor and all he says is that she's still mourning over my dad's death, but that's all bullshit. I feel like she's depressed, but doesn't want help.

"Yeah, mija?" My mom said, rubbing her eyes.

"I made us breakfast," I replied, standing up. "I'll be waiting for you in the kitchen."

Once my mom actually got out of bed and walked to the restroom, I went downstairs. I served myself some pancakes and sat down, patiently waiting for my mom.

After ten minutes, my mom came into the kitchen dressed for work. She let out a sigh as she sat down. I smiled at her and we both started eating.

"When are you going to come home today?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I don't know," my mom shrugged. "Probably late."

"That's not new," I mumbled, drinking some water.

"What was that, Ryan?" My mom asked.

"Nothing," I sighed. "It's nothing."

"No," my mom shook her head. "What did you say?"

I clenched my fist, hitting the table. "That it's not new!" I shouted.

"Excuse me?" my mom said, raising her voice.

"Ever since dad died all you do is work or drink!" I shouted, throwing my arms in the air. "You never even try to talk to your only child anymore or interact with me!"

"That is not true!" My mom shouted, standing up.

"Yes, yes it is!" I yelled, standing up as well. "It's like if you were dead, too."

My mom gasped and the anger in her eyes grew. "You don't get-"

"Don't you dare say that I don't get it," I cut her off. "Dad is something to me too, not just you."

"I work my ass off for you," my mom said, putting her plate in the sink. "I work hard for you."

"You only work for yourself," I said, clenching my fist. "I bought my own car, I buy my own clothes, I got a scholarship; I fucking do everything for myself."

"With money you get from me," My mom said.

"You couldn't be anymore wrong," I replied, crossing my arms. "Maybe if you paid any attention to me, you'd realize that I do have a job."

"Go to your room," my mom said. "You're grounded."

"Well, would you look at that," I said, acting surprised. "You can actually do a parental thing."

My mom walked up to me and slapped me. I held my cheek and looked at her surprised. I felt tears ready to come out.

"Ryan, mija, I'm sorry," my mom said, trying to touch me. I jerked back, looking at her. "Baby, I didn't mean to-"

"I wish it was you who died instead of dad," I harshly said, then walked away.

I ran to my room and slammed the door, locking it. I slumped down against the door, slightly crying. I heard my mom coming to the door.

"Ryan, I'm sorry," she cried. "I didn't mean to...I don't know what's happening to me, baby."

I let out a shaky breath, wiping my tears.

"I'm sorry, Ryan," my mom cried. "I don't want to lose you, too..."

I fully wiped my tears and stood up. I grabbed my phone and jacket. I opened the door and my mom held her hands out for me to hug her.

I pushed passed her, "Goodbye."

I ran downstairs and outside like my life depended on it. I got in my car and started driving my fastest to Xavier's house.

After knocking on the door, I waited fiddling with my fingers. The door opened and I smiled, ready to see Xavier. Instead of seeing those loving green eyes, I saw those icy cold blue ones. My smile faded when I saw Mr. Hale.

"Hello, Mr. Hale," I said, getting nervous. "How are you?"

"I've been better, Ms. Parker," he replied with a harsh tone. "What do you want?"

Ms. Parker? That's new.

"Is Xavier home?" I asked, lightly smiling.

Mr. Hale looked at me like he was going to stab my neck as he opened the door. "He's in his room."

"Thank you, Mr. Hale," I said, walking inside.

Once Mr. Hale was out of my sight, I ran to Xavier's room. Xavier was playing guitar. He instantly put it down when he noticed my puffy eyes.

"Were you crying, darling?" He asked, standing up. "What's wrong?"

I hugged Xavier, feeling better in his arms. "I got in a fight with my mom."

Xavier softly rubbed my back, kissing my head. "I'm listening if you want to talk about it."

I explained to Xavier what happened. And after about twenty minutes of me being stubborn, Xavier managed to make me understand my mom didn't mean it and that I should forgive her and that I should apologize as well.

Now, I was listening to Xavier play guitar.

"Why don't you play me a song, darling?" Xavier said, handing me his guitar.

I nervously took it and started playing show me love. Xavier smiled at me, causing me to smile.

After playing guitar and Xavier attempting to teach me how to play the piano - a lot harder than you think - we both decided to watch supernatural.

"What time is it?" I asked, after watching six episodes of the show.

"It's ten after five," Xavier replied, looking at his wait. "I mean five-ten; I forgot you hate when people tell time like that."

I lightly chuckled. "Well, we have three more hours until I have to go to work."

"Do you have to go?" Xavier groaned. "I want you to stay here with me."

I let out a small laugh. "Sadly, I do have to go."

Xavier brought me closer to him, hugging me tighter. "Sometimes I just feel like I'm going to lose you."

I kissed Xavier. I pulled away from the kiss, smiling. "You'll never lose me."

~

I fiddled with my hands as I waited to get up on stage; it was always nerve wrecking.

Once the girl on stage - Cherry; it's actually her real name - walked off I made my way up the steps. I made my way to the center of the stage, ready to start my little dance. Halfway through my routine, my eyes met those cold blue ones.

I gasped and ran off stage. I ignored everyone asking me if I was okay and ran to my dressing room. I quickly got changed into my regular clothes. I grabbed my keys and ran out.

I ran out the doors of the club and saw him standing there.

"Ms. Gonzalez."

I swallowed the lump in my throat, "Mr. Hale."

*insert dramatic music here* GUYS THINGS ARE HAPPENING AND THIS STORY ONLY HAS LIKE THREE MORE CHAPTERS! What do you guys think? Thoughts? Xx

~Jess

P.s. This is the last chapter of 2015. Where did the year go?

P.p.s. Thank you you all for 4k reads! I didn't think this story would go anywhere so thank you all so much. I love you guys