Chapter 18 🌟

Possible Chapter warnings: Boruto and Runa being civil for once, Boruto and Runa being two dummies, Papa Sasuke, Haruki angst, Daisuke being the cutest character,

Possible grammar mistakes throughout! I'll fix them all in the morning when I wake up lol

••Runa's pov••

Walking with a friend through the night is supposed to be calming, I suppose.

Of course it is!

Although I'm as sleepy as ever, I can't help but enjoy the scenery kirigakure has to offer, after all, who knows when the next time I'll be coming to this place is?

The sun's already set, but the city is still well lit with neon lights the reflect vibrant colors off of the puddles of water lining the concrete floor.

There's humidity in the air, but it's not annoying enough to make my clothes stick to my skin. The ocean's deep blue waters crash in to the shore nearby, the sounds being enough to soothe my tired out mind.

"It got dark pretty quick" I murmured out in surprise, chin tilting upwards towards the sky as my eyes met the twinkling stars above. The sea breeze soothed its way in to the barren streets, flowing through my long locks and Boruto's blonde ones.

For as long as I could remember, being with Boruto has never been a quiet endeavor. In fact, it's always been the exact opposite!

We snap at each other, argue over the pettiest of things, and screech in hysteria whenever the argument doesn't go our way- That's what's always been normal!

In all honesty, it's what I'm comfortable with.

Do I particularly enjoy going red in the face and feeling my blood pressure rise at the mere sound of Boruto's voice?

No.

However, I much prefer it to whatever the hell I've been feeling recently!

Being near Boruto ever since that boat incident has never been more awkward! It's almost as if I'm afraid to speak in fear of bringing it up, tiptoeing around the blonde I've known my entire life for the sake of my heart's health.

It's cruelly obvious, the way we walk with a carefully calculated distance between our bodies, the aversion of eye contact from both sides, and the painfully- painfully real pink cheeks.

Since Inojin pointed out that Boruto and I should go walk together to the hotel, I naively went along with his request. That was mistake number one!

Inojin with that impish fucking smile- I should've known he knew something was up between us!

Or at least, he knew something was up with me in regards to Boruto. Sure the Uzumaki boy's been acting a bit different himself, but I highly doubt that we have the same reasoning for our behavior. I can't get that damn sunset scene out of my head, and Boruto's probably just winded from his altercation with Iwabe earlier!

Right! There's no way he's thinking the way I am! Ugh, Somehow that makes me feel even worse!

Curse Masahiko for leaving me alone with Boruto! And curse Inojin for suggesting that we walk alone together! And curse Shikadai for not stopping me when I got up!

And curse Boruto for being so stupidly kind sometimes and having a sort of nice smile and-

Oh my god...

What am I thinking?!

Lord, now that I really think about it, how far has my relationship with Boruto strayed? Talking about the weather? Really Runa?!