Chapter 22 🌟

A/N: Hello my lovelies! This chap is a bit shorter than us usual, but treat it as a build up chap! There are some big revelations in here...enjoy and lmk what you think in the comments! 💖

Chapter warnings: mentions of Blood, Runa angst

Word Count: 3.4K !

••Third person POV••

The Uchiha household feels quiet tonight. The majority of lights are all dimmed and down, and yet a soft glow emits from the downstairs kitchen area. The warm light is enough to illuminate two figures, a stressed out Haru, and an equally stressed out Isamu.

Stood at the sink with her long hair in a tight bun, her gloved hands furiously scrub at the ceramic mug that's soaked in suds. Isamu's red eyes glance worriedly between his summoner and the mug in a back and forth motion, slightly cringing when she's done with the cup and practically slams it back into the pool of clean bubbles in the sink. The sharp clattering noise rings extra loud to his sensitive ears, and it seems like only at his subtle flinch Haru realizes how aggressively she's acting.

"Oh! Isamu I'm sorry" She winces herself at the sight of his narrowed eyes, quickly removing her gloves and leaning down to hug him to her, sighing into his coat of soft white fur. "I'm sorry, I just feel so fucking stressed."

"It's okay, If my one kid dreamt of my mothers assassination, then my other kid couldn't go to sleep because his mysteriously godly rinnegan has been causing him problems, and my other kid ran off to Kirigakure in the middle of the night, and my other two kids were thousands of miles from home, also in kirigarkure, I'd be stressed too." He rationalizes with a snort, to which Haru lets out an exasperated sigh.

"I can't fucking handle this" She groans quietly.

"You can, in the form of aggressively doing the dishes!" Isamu reasons with a tone of positivity that admittedly brings a smile to Haru's face. Ever since he's become a large and older wolf, he's always exuded a moodier and grouchy personality which would always remind her of his dad, Isao.

It's moments like this though that she loves, her big goofy wolf is still in there, he's just tired all the time!

And she can't blame him.

"Why did he leave without telling Sasuke? Or telling me? And so late?! He hasn't answered his phone either, what if Masahiko or Runa are in trouble?!" She worries, biting her inner cheek as she stands from her knelt position and starts walking away from the sink. Isamu follows after her into the darkness of the spacious living room, the dim moonlight just enough to guide them to the luscious couches.

The living room feels unusually cold tonight, as if the chill in the air was seeping into her very bones. She pulls the throw blankets tighter around her, trying to shake off the discomfort that's settled in.

"I mean, I don't know why I'm feeling this way! I just think somethings off, Isamu," She confides in her summoning wolf, who's head is rested on her lap. His shiny eyes reflect concern back at her, trusting her instincts.

He let out a low, rumbling growl, almost in agreement, and nudges her hand with his cold nose. The touch brings her some comfort, but her unease persists. She just can't shake the feeling that something is going on with her kids that are currently overseas, the one currently miles away in the crack of dawn!

Katsuro sneaking out to meet Runa and Masahiko in the Hidden Mist Village in the dead of night is just straight up off, especially for a shinobi who prized his sleep. Both Haru and Isamu recognize this with some very real dread.