Chapter XI

Chapter 11: Incident

Joohyun had no other choice but to turn around in the direction where the noise came. She and her friends slowly turned their faces to the two people behind them, hands folded, and they were both standing in a questioning matter.

''Mind explaining?'' Jungkook asked while lifting his eyebrow. Joohyun gulped as she looked at the boy before her. Jimin's face wasn't sweet either, and she was unsure what they had heard so far and how long they had been standing behind them.

''Explain what?'' Joohyun let out a nervous laugh while looking at her friends in fear but also in a murdering case because they also did not notice the two curious pairs of ears.

''Don't act stupid, Joohyun,'' Jimin was one to talk now. ''We know you have been talking to Y/n about something, and now she seems scared and is avoiding us. She is also acting weirdly during the dance lesson. Do you have something to do with it?''

Joohyun secretly smiled like a winner, making you somewhat scared with her threats. It meant she had got under your skin, and though you tried to act tough in front of her and not care, you did care after all.

''Is this about Hoseok again?'' Jungkook asked. ''Do I need to remind you that he is not yours?''

''I have no idea what you two are talking about. I haven't said anything like that to Y/n. I have only welcomed her to our school and be friends with her,'' Joohyun said as she was ready to leave.

''Yeah, right. We know you and what you do to get what you want. Get out of the mindset that there is something between Y/n and Hoseok. She is simply a new girl and happens to dance twice as well as you,'' Jimin said, and Joohyun got furious before stepping angrily out from their faces while her friends quickly followed her.

''You think she'll be trouble?'' Jungkook asked. The last time she tried to get the guy she wanted did not end well. That girl had to change schools to get away from her.''

''I hope she'll behave. Y/n has a lot of potential, and Hoseok can see it. It'd be a shame to let someone like Joohyun ruin her chances,'' Jimin said as they continued their walk to the cafeteria.

After the talk with Hoseok earlier, I rushed to my next lesson, though he gave me a piece of paper that explained why I was late. However, my teacher was late as well, so I managed to stick myself in the classroom, and two minutes later, the teacher came in apologizing for being late.

I hate lying to him, not only because he is my teacher and you should be honest with them, but also because he was interested in my way of dancing. He sees a lot of good in me when it comes to dancing.

It would be a waste if I disappointed him in some way.

The class had ended a few minutes ago, and I was already heading to the cafeteria where I promised to meet Lia. I took what I wanted to eat and looked around to find her at the crowded tables and people chatting loudly.

I then noticed her at the back of the cafeteria in the corner. I walked my way there and sat down in front of her. She smiled sweetly with her smile at me. ''I thought you wouldn't come.''

''To eat? Yeah,'' I laughed as I took the fork and started digging into my food. 

''No, I meant that I thought you had forgotten or just said you would eat lunch with me, but in reality, it was just words coming out of your mouth, and you didn't care,'' she said, looking down at her plate and moving her food around the plate.