Chapter XII

Chapter 12: At the doctor

Lia wasn't able to keep the secret from Jungkook and Jimin. Secretly, she didn't even want to, though Joohyun specifically told her not to. She was afraid she might hurt her too if she said something, but the guys were too good to dig that information from her.

And because of that, they were walking the hallways, pissed as ever, trying to find Joohyun or at least one of her friends to tell them where she was. Unfortunately, a few lessons were happening, and they assumed she was in class. They decided to wait for the lesson to end. The students would soon leave school, and the guys happened to know that her mom picked her up every single time.

They went near the parking lot to wait for her. They wouldn't go for her mother in case this was a lie. But they doubted it was. Why would Lia lie about something like this? Everyone knew she was fragile and barely able to say something against anyone. They knew she was under Joohyun's eye, too.

The school bell rang, and they stayed waiting. Students came out of the school, walked to the bus stop, to their cars, or left to walk. Soon, they saw Joohyun walking towards them with her friends. She was occupied, explaining something to them before she noticed the two boys before her.

''Oh, hi. Were you waiting for me?'' She asked as if she thought the guys were so into her that they needed to see her.

''Yes, but not because of what you think. Did you see Y/n today?'' Jimin asked. They could see that her face turned to a nervous mode. She gulped.

''I think I saw her this morning at the lockers as I walked by,'' she replied.

''You walked by? Well then, do you know where she is now?'' Jungkook asked.

She was confused. ''No. Why should I?''

''Please don't act stupid. We know what you and your friends did,'' Jimin said, and suddenly her friends were all ears too when before they had just listened occasionally from behind. ''Why on Earth did you do that?''

''I don't know what you're talking about,'' Joohyun answered.

''We have proof,'' Jungkook said, and she went pale. ''Answer our question.''

Joohyun seemed to think for a hot minute. She didn't even dare to look at their eyes while both of them stared her down, waiting for the answer. The guys can't say much because they only have Lia's words as proof. They might get the truth out of Joohyun, but there is no way they could tell an adult about this because no one else saw it.

''Why do you care anyway?'' Joohyun asked. ''She is lame, a newcomer, who is trying to flirt with Hoseok.''

''That's Mr. Jung to you.''

Jimin and Jungkook turned around to see Hoseok behind them. Even Joohyun didn't notice him coming. She gulped, and the guys smirked at the thought that Hoseok heard.

''Who is lame?'' Hoseok asked, folding his arms while Jimin and Jungkook moved aside to let Hoseok stare at Joohyun. ''And what do you mean by flirting? Joohyun, please explain what has happened.''

All of a sudden, Joohyun was out of words. She was staring at Hoseok without saying anything. She wasn't even stuttering to him. The guys were used to seeing her talking to him about everything as if he was never her teacher in the first place. She was always hanging in him, trying to get his attention, and now she was like a whole different person.

''Well?'' Hoseok was still waiting for her answer.

''No one is lame. You heard wrong,'' Joohyun finally said something. ''We are just looking out for you.''