Chapter VIII

Chapter 8: "Caught you"

Finally, it's the time of the day that I love the most, the two-hour free period. I have been waiting for this all day that I get out of dusty classrooms and subject to spend it in the dance room.

I quickly changed my clothing and walked inside the dance room. It was empty, thank god. But of course, I had checked the schedule, so there wouldn't be any classes during that time.

I brought my speaker, put it near the mirrors, and looked for the song I was working on. Once I found it, I put it on, walked further from the mirror, and started the moves.

I felt perfect about this, and I managed to create more moves to it and work on the details more. It's always better to go and do it rather than just trying to imagine it in your head or practice it in your own room.

I was so into the song and dancing that I didn't hear someone walk in and observe me until to the point where I stopped the music, and a familiar clap sound filled the whole room.

I turned around to see Hoseok once again. I chuckled. ''Is this our way to meet every time? It should be polite to at least let me know you're here. Who knows if you steal my choreography?''

Hoseok laughed at that.

''Yeah. I wish I could steal it because it looked so good. How did you come up with this?''

I lifted my shoulders and dropped them down. ''Just found good music and started seeing the moves in my head, isn't that how dancers create the choreographies?''

Hoseok stopped leaning onto the wall to walk towards me.

''That's a one way, and it's a good gift to be able to do so. Some choreographers take references from other dances. Like in kpop, for example, you might take one move or two and add it but not completely copy it fully,'' he explained.

''Is that what you do?''

''Sometimes,'' he said. ''But I have to follow the idol industry. I want to become a choreographer for idol groups. I have to stay on the map. But I sometimes use your method too. You get better over time by watching others, and you get ideas from them.''

Hoseok seemed to know a lot about this topic. No wonder he is a dance teacher and is pursuing his dreams. His words contain so much knowledge on dancing that it's like prep talk to me.

Some people might not feel attracted by those words, but a person who understands them and is genuinely interested in the topic can feel their knees melting under them.

What am I saying?

''I'd really want to teach this peace to my students. Is it alright?'' he asked.

''Oh, uhh, it's not entirely ready,'' I stuttered.

''I understand. It's your call. Do you need help? I have free time now,'' he asked.

How could I say no?

The time went by fast when I tried to show Hoseok what I had been thinking and working on. I don't know how much he saw or how long he stood before informing me about his presence.

But loved to work with someone who loved dancing as much as I did.

I haven't sensed the same emotion from the other teachers. He isn't joking and just doing this because he has to or because of money.

Moving here started to sound better and better after all.

The song ended, and we both tried to catch our breaths.

''Woah, that's a sick choreography you have there!'' Hoseok came to pat my back and hugged me from the side.

But after that, he noticed what he just did and backed away. I was taken aback because he is my teacher, and I never thought he'd come so close.

We soon forgot that it ever happened, and we gathered our stuff and were ready to exit the dance class.

''Are you coming to my class tomorrow night?'' he asked as we reached the locker rooms.

''Tomorrow night?'' I asked confused.

''Yeah, to my studio, remember?'' he laughed.

Oh, right, his studio. Damn, why did I think he wanted to have me here privately? Stupid.

''Ah, y-yeah! I'll be there!'' I laughed nervously and waved at him before going into the locker room. I closed the door and leaned onto it, trying to calm my heart.

I exited the locker rooms after changing back to my regular outfit. The girls from Hoseok's dance class were sitting on the nearest bench. They looked at me with smirks, but I didn't know why.

So I just walked off to my next class.

''She has no idea. What a slut.''

''What are you going to do with that picture?''

''I'm going to show that bitch to stay away from Hoseok.''

The day finally ended, and I was ready to leave home. I was starving, to be honest, as I didn't eat anything on my breaks. I was too focused on the dancing and didn't pack any snacks.

I walked to the bus stop and sat on the bench.

It didn't take long when my phone vibrated in my pocket, and I took it out, thinking it was probably mom saying she was going to be late and asking me to go buy dinner. That often happened in our old home.

But the message wasn't from my mom. It was from an unknown number and had a picture. I opened it, and t had Hoseok and me doing that hug we got so awkward from.

Did someone see it? And took a picture?

Soon another message came from the same number.

''Dare to even talk to Hoseok, and I'll reveal this to the teachers.''