Chapter II

Chapter 2: A stranger

As we finally arrived at our new home, I went straight inside and didn't care less about what my mother was yelling. I guess she yelled at me to help the men to get the stuff out and mostly to get my things.

But I was more interested to see the neighborhood and seeing if I could find something related to the dance. It was too late to go to the city anymore as my mother wouldn't let me go.

Not that I'm not old enough, but this place is new for me, and I don't know my way around. So I can't just leave recklessly.

But on the plane, my mom mentioned this big park near our house. She said that the people love hanging out there since it's big and it has a little river going around it.

I have been way too many hours without dancing. I have to finish my choreography before I forget all of it. Plus, after traveling here for many hours, I need fresh air and some walking to clear my head.

I came to the room where I wanted to be my bedroom. It was simple and small. Nothing big. Though I've been against this whole move, my mom asked what I wanted in my room. And I picked a big mirror so I can practice even in my room if I don't have a chance to do it anywhere else.

I put my bag on the bed, took out my phone and headphones, and immediately headed out of the room.

As I passed mom, she grabbed my arm before I could walk further. ''Where are you going? You haven't been in the house for two minutes, and you're already out?'' She asked.

''Yeah, but I want to finish this one choreography of mine and get some fresh air,'' I whined and tried to release myself from her grasp.

''You can do those later,'' She insisted, and I had no choice but to go with her. I don't want to cause a fight right now.

After a few hours, mom had shown me the beautiful marble counters of our kitchen and bathroom. I was finally able to leave. I'm not interested in the material of this house, but please, mom, I have to.

I walked out of the house, plugged my headphones on, and started walking in the direction mom told the park to be. She said it wasn't that far away. It only took about ten minutes to get there.

The neighborhood was actually kind of beautiful. We moved to a little calmer area, not in the middle of the big city. And that's something I love. I come from the countryside and don't care about the noise.

All the houses around my house are the same. But people have beautiful gardens in their yards. Some have pets or even children who have their playgrounds.

I see people walking with their dogs, couples who are just wandering around, and people running in the mind of getting healthy. Some people just smiled at me while I was passing them.

I was slowly adjusting to the fact that this was going to be my new home and did not care that I knew zero people there.

I finally arrived at the park, and it was vast and gorgeous.

Many were enjoying the sunny weather as it is right now. I look for a perfect spot for myself to start practicing. As I'm shy, I look for a place that it's not in the middle of a crowd.

I found the spot, and look for the right music, and just started dancing. A mirror would be perfect, but I had to be happy about this.

As I was so into the dancing, I didn't notice three guys looking at me while I tried to get the specific part of the choreography. But as I turned around, I saw them.

It looked like the guys were trying to push the third one toward me, and he tried to fight for it. What are we, six? If he wants to come to talk, then come.

The guys looked like they were around my age but a bit older. I never judge someone by their look. Two were tall, and the third was a little smaller than them.

As he finally agreed to come to me, I patiently waited for him to approach me and shut the music.

''Hey, I'm sorry for my friend's behavior,'' The guy said as he reached me.

''I know we might seem like a punch of strangers stalking you, but we're not. We liked your dance a lot.''

''Oh, thank you, and it's cool,'' I smiled.

I heard the guys yelling for the one to come back and leave. I was kind of disappointed at that. I'd want to talk more since he was interested in dancing.

Or he is indeed a stalker. I might as well have friends here.

''Oh, I have to go now, but here, you should come!'' He handed me a note with the address and said ''Hope on the street'', which looked like a dance studio or something. I was about to say something, but he left with his friends.

Stalker or a stranger, he seems interesting.