Chapter I

Chapter 1: A new start

Here I was, in Gwangju. I saw the buildings moving in my eyes while the car was speeding. The traffic was horrible, and sometimes we would stop. I could get a good look at the city I can start calling my home. But it'll never be my home, my original home. This place will never place it.

It can never replace my home ground, backyard, my friends, and even my relatives. Not my school, my favorite places I loved to go and dance my ass off—none of it.

My mom got new work in this city. We had no choice. Well, she didn't have a choice in the matter. Since she is a single parent, we must get every money we have. And her old job couldn't give her that. As soon as she got into the interview for this job and got job, we started planning the move. Well, once again, she started planning.

I never agreed on this. I tried to convince my mom that I could stay with my grandparents and graduate with my friends. But she disagreed with me.

Now I have no one here, and my friends are miles away. I need to start school here again and be one of those newbies who bark into school in the middle of the semester. From movies or dramas I have watched, it's not pretty.

But I love my mom, so I'll have to, and I will support her. I'll be fine. She said I'll meet new friends quickly. I'm not the kind of person who goes around asking everyone to be my friend. I want people to come to me. That shows they are honestly interested in me.

I had my favorite in my home city now I have to find a new dance studio. I loved the teacher. She was always so sweet to me and knew what I wanted in life. I want it to be something including dancing. Maybe an idol? Or a choreographer? It's always been my dream ever since I learned how to walk.

My mom told me that I used to watch kpop music concerts on TV and try to dance like them. Whenever I have a chance, I learn famous kpop group choreographies, but I prefer learning my own.

I swear to God if I have to stop dancing because I can't find a place to dance or a good teacher.

''Are we there yet?'' I asked my mother, who was busy reading her magazine next to me. She closed the magazine and smiled.

''Soon, honey, are you excited to see your new room?'' She asked.

I turned my head back to the window. I haven't been the best daughter lately as I have been mad at her for making me leave everything behind me.

''Yes, mom,'' I replied, and she continued to read her magazine.

What will this city bring me?

______

Remember to give this chapter a vote ⭐️
and follow me on my Instagram @/taehyungslittleberry 🤍