Chapter V

Chapter 5: Clapping

I turned to look at the person who threw everything at me. My clothes were soaking wet, and this wasn't water. It is soda. And soda gets sticky, and my uniform will get ruined unless I wash it quickly.

Water would have been better to handle but not this.

The girl behind me was smirking while holding her cup in her hand. I recognized her. She was one of the girls in the dancing class who tried to be in the center or the front near our teacher.

In other words, those who sucked the most.

''Joohyun, why did you do that?'' Jimin asked behind me, seeing I couldn't get any word out of my mouth. It wasn't because I was nervous, scared, or shy to say anything.

It was because I was so close to attacking that girl's throat and suffocating her out of anger.

''Yeah, why did you?'' I asked, finally opening my mouth while trying to calm my nerves. I didn't want to cause a fight on my first day. And I'm not like those. I won't go that low. But this girl's smirk and innocent face were why I might break that boundary soon.

''Like you wouldn't know. Next time, stay out of the way,'' The girl named Joohyun said before leaving with her friends. I scoffed and turned my body back to the boys.

''What is her problem?'' I ask the boys while trying to wipe the amount of soda from my skirt with the napkin I had. They sighed.

''Joohyun is just one of the girls from those movies where they're jealous of something. She hates when someone steals her thunder in a dancing class,'' Jungkook said.

Oh, classic, how great.

''Yeah, she must have got mad at the fact that Hoseok let you be on the front and praised you afterward. Or the fact that you're with us now,'' Jimin continued.

Great, I got into some kids' drama. I hoped to start a new life here, a good life. I didn't choose to be bullied by some jealous girls. It's not like the teacher was flirting with me. He was being nice in his praises, and I deserve it.

I mean, comparing the girls and me, I was better than they are together. Their dancing looked awful, in my opinion, and they have a lot to learn still. I don't sense the same passion from them as I have.

If you asked me, they're just trying to get into the teacher's favor. And I don't think it's such a good idea. As he is our teacher, it's forbidden to do any flirting or relationship with him.

''Well, I still need to be in this uniform for five hours. What a great day,'' I sighed, and we left the cafeteria.

A whole damn day with a sticky uniform wasn't exactly what I hoped to experience on my first day. Everyone is new at some point. Why treat us like shit when given a chance?

Luckily I got some friends who have the same interest as I do. It makes a big difference in conversations when they know what you're talking about.

I feel like I'm living my past life before we moved. My dance class had a hot guy, and the girls in my school only took the lesson because of him. That made me hang out with them before I knew the real reason for their interest.

Jimin and Jungkook are different, and I hope to get to know them better.

They told me to hang out with them after school. They were planning on practicing some moves in the local studio. They asked me to join them. I just promised to change my clothing for more comfortable before coming.

I got the text Jungkook sent me. He told me the address of the place, and I was already on my way to the studio. I still had to unpack to do it, but it could wait. If I have a chance to dance, that's my place to be.

The studio wasn't that far from my home. I was there in no time, and without hesitation, I stepped inside. The door was open, and it was pretty dim inside.

The deeper I got into the studio, I started hearing loud music. I walked towards the voice and found them dancing along with the beat.

''Hey, you made it!'' Jungkook was the first to notice me before they stopped the music.

''Yeah, it was pretty easy to find here,'' I smiled as I dropped my bag on the floor and walked to them. ''The beat you were doing just now looked great!''

''Want to try it?'' Jimin asked.

I nodded excitedly and went in the middle of them. They started the moves while I carefully observed them before starting to do the same.

Soon after, we were all dancing the same, and I was having the time of my life. I completely closed my mind to the feeling. Mom used to say that I usually go into my world. I shut out every other noise than the music. Sometimes I even dance with my eyes closed and find myself stumbling against the furniture in my room.

Today was no different. I was so immersed in the dancing and trying so hard that I didn't hear the studio's door opening again. I didn't notice the figure watching us until the music ended.

Until I heard someone clapping and walking towards us, I heard nothing.

But the sound of claps made me come out of my trans and look at the person.

''Seonsaengnim?''