Goodbye to a world

A/N: I would recommend checking out the song Goodbye to a world by Porter Robinson. It's so good. Also I made myself cry with this. 

Technoblade was human, and Dream was a robot. It was as simple as that. They both knew it was going to happen. They both knew, and yet as the day crept closer and closer, it didn't mean it was going to hurt any less. What was this day you ask? The day was when Dreams run time would finally run out, and he would shut down permanently.

They had both known this when they had entered the relationship, both knew that it wouldn't be able to last as long as a normal one. They both knew, and yet they both loved each other too much. So they just decided to enjoy the moments they had together, and cherish the memories.

To love and to never look back, to never regret. That's what they promised.

Robots were a regular part of society, falling in love with one was not. But life decided to happen. They had already been dating for 8 years, but they knew that that was the oldest the relationship would ever get. That was their prime. Whether they liked it or not.

In the last few days, they made sure to take it slow. To go out to dinner, to do simple things and just enjoy each other's company until they couldn't. More than once Techno had broken down, not being ready to let Dream leave. Dream always reassured him that they would meet again on a sunny summer day. Just like the day they met for the first time.

Finally the day came, the day Dream would shut down one final time and everything would crumble for Technoblade. Dream had wanted to tell Technoblade just truly how much he meant to him, so he decided on a song. But not a sad lullaby. He knew Techno hated those. Knew how sad they made him. So he decided to just go where his gut took him.

Dream took Techno into the living room. Having them both sit down on the couch.

"I wanna play you one last song, one last time, before I go." Dream cupped Techno's hands. Techno looked Dream in the eyes, willing him to stay longer. But he knew he couldn't.

Dream began the song, always keeping his eyes on Techno. He watched the unshed tears in Techno's eyes get more and more noticable. It was finally time for him to say his thoughts.

'Thank you, I'll say goodbye soon. Though it's the end of the world, don't blame yourself now. And if it's true, I will surround you and give life to our world that's our own.

Thank you, I'll say goodbye now. Though it's the end of the world, don't blame yourself now. And if it's true, I will surround you and give life to our world that's our own.' Dream sang the last part as he slowly shut down. Until finally the noise in the room stopped. Techno felt the tears roll down his cheeks. He was gone, the love of his life was gone, and he was never coming back.

Techno hugged the lifeless, figure crying into his shoulder. Wishing those hands which used to be so warm with life would come up and hold him one last time.