28. Nuptials IV - other pressing issues

"Brett..!"

"Yes Eddy?"

"I'm confused."

"Yeah, I'm sorry about that. It's okay, there's nothing to worry about."

"Are you sure? Why were you then talking about getting into trouble with authorities and inspectors and stuff?"

"..Because I was being a paranoid idiot. We just have to take our time and work our way through stuff at our own pace. It's okay. Trust me."

Eddy sighed in relief.

"..Okay. If you say so, that's fine by me."

Brett smiled. He thought Eddy was being adorable. He took Eddy's hand.

"..And to prove that I'm feeling a bit relieved about the whole thing.. Once we're back upstairs in our room I think I'd like to have a drink of your blood if that's okay with you."

"Yes."

Brett noticed the difference immediately. Just standing close to Eddy, it was obvious that his favourite person's scent had changed. Brett could only put it down to Eddy's human blood consumption. It wasn't terribly offensive but it seemed to have covered up the intoxicating luring effect Eddy once had on Brett. Brett was worried about the taste of Eddy's blood though as he tend to have violent reactions towards tastes he didn't like. He didn't want to hurt Eddy's feelings by suddenly rejecting him.

They were back behind the closed door of Brett's study room and he gingerly drew in Eddy towards him and took a bite into the base of the neck. He must have instinctively known it wasn't going to be good as he took a "shallow" bite, by only using the very tips of his fangs.

Not going to be good was an understatement. Brett was crushed with sadness when the blood of his favourite person made its way into his mouth with the fragrance and flavour of his least favourite taste, that of a human.

Brett froze to fight nausea caused by the very small amount of blood that made its way into his mouth. He wasn't sure if he could consume even a mouthful. He knew he should be taking a large drink if possible but the last thing he wanted to do was throw up in front of Eddy. He was too scared to suck in a mouthful and instead he retracted his fangs and gently pressed his tongue against the punctures he made in an attempt to lick away the small amount that had oozed out. He gently pushed Eddy away.

"..Brett.. you've finished already?"

"Um.. yeah.. thanks."

"Brett.. you barely took anything.. My blood.. it tastes bad, doesn't it?"

"It did taste a lot like human blood..."

Brett's pale face was now looking green.

"Eddy.. Eddy, I'm really sorry.. please excuse me."

Brett made a dash to the bathroom to rinse out his mouth. The sound of him gargling and spitting out water upset Eddy so much, by the time Brett made his return to the study room, Eddy was on the verge of tears.

"Brett, you.. don't like my blood anymore.."

"Eddy, I.. I'm really sorry..

Brett felt so guilty seeing Eddy so upset. His mother wasn't kidding when she said it may be distressing for the both of them. He quickly wrapped his arms around the taller.

"Eddy, I'm sorry.. it's not your fault."

"Yes it is.. if only I didn't take her blood in the first place.."

"But that was my fault too. I tried to take her blood first and made those puncture holes so that you were able to take a drink.."

"I didn't take a drink from her neck from the beginning though.... I started off by licking her blood from your face and mouth.."

Brett suddenly remembered the texture of Eddy's tongue that had slid in between his lips in an attempt to lap up any remnants of blood that was in his mouth.

"Eddy, can you do that to me again?"

"Do what?"

"..What you tried to do to get the taste of that girl's blood from the inside of my mouth."

"Ew, I can taste my own blood in your mouth, Brett."

"..Are you okay with that or do you want me to go rinse my mouth again?"

"It's okay.. it doesn't taste particularly nice but it's not that awful either so long as it's not in large quantities."

"Okay.."

"..So is this making it easier? I felt you.. taking a larger mouthful just then."

"Yeah, it's getting easier."

Brett thought Eddy's blood tasted the same but Eddy's scent had intensified into something more familiar and to what Brett liked as the intimacy intensified. That alone had made the blood consumption much easier.

Brett was now fighting an urge to take larger quantities of blood as his vampire instincts started to kick in.  He was, however, still concerned if he took too much at once he could make himself sick. The last thing he wanted was to throw up all his effort and make Eddy sad again.

"Brett, your cheeks have gone red."

Brett wasn't sure if that was a sign of improvement of his complexion thanks to the few mouthfuls of blood he managed to consume or because of the pashing that they did in between to help Brett overcome the nausea.