29. Nuptials V - with the aid of hideous contraptions

Brett removed his lips from Eddy's neck as he whispered;

"..Thanks Eddy."

Eddy looked puzzled and concerned.

"Are you sure you had enough? You still haven't had as much as you did before Brett."

"..How would you know?"

"Because I'm still standing? I don't feel dizzy."

"Well.. that could be because you had that drink from that girl.. you're probably feeling your optimal after being anemic for weeks."

"Oh yeah.. I guess.."

There was an element of truth in what Brett said. But it was also true that Brett hadn't taken much blood. He had really struggled with the taste and thought he'd try again tomorrow.

"So, um Eddy."

"Yes?"

"I think you should try my blood now"

"Oh."

"Yeah. I think you should. In case you don't like it, you might need time to get used to it."

Brett picked up and opened up the little ziplock bag his mother gave him.

"Here. Pick the one you want to use."

"What are they?"

"You use it to jab holes in me so you can suck the blood out of me."

Eddy cringed.

"...That doesn't sound very nice."

"Well, you don't have fangs so these are the next best things."

Eddy picked out the device that looked like a small slingshot.

"This thing... do I just use it like a dagger?"

"Is that a button at the end of the handle?"

"Yes, I think so..."

Eddy pushed the button with his thumb as if he was knocking on a pen and two thick needles protruded out of the other ends of the tool along with a hideous bone-crunching sound. They both recoiled in horror.

"I... I can't use this on you, Brett.."

"...I.. I'm glad you feel that way.  That's okay.. let's just have a look at the others.."

"Okay...this one..."

The next device Eddy picked out was the one that Brett thought looked like a wonton maker. It looked like a small set of dentures with fangs.

"Do I just clamp this on your neck or is there some kind of button... oh here it is.."

Again when Eddy pressed the button, the wonton-maker-lookalike-vampire-puncture-device snapped shut like a mousetrap as it made a hideous bone-crunching sound. The boys cringed again.

Brett exclaimed;

"Aaagh that sound!!!"

"Yeah, it's very grating, isn't it..."

"I don't know if I can handle that thing on my neck.. I'm starting to feel queasy.."

Eddy raised an eyebrow.

"You.. Brett.. a vampire, feeling queasy?"

Brett blushed.

"I must say I've never been on the receiving end of a blood sucking... it's weird."

"I suppose.."

"..I'm sorry Eddy.. it must have been awful for you."

Eddy shook his head.