Chapter 'X' :D

I know you guys have been waiting for this one! Love you guys, and read my other 1D fanfic while waiting in the meantime, called Dissonant Harmonies!

Skylar's POV

I got off the plane with my suitcases, and hailed the first cab I saw.

I knocked on the door quietly.

The door flew open. A boy stood in front of me, his brown eyes shining and his lips stretched into a wild smile.

"You're back," he breathed.

I hugged him. "Good to see you, Liam."

"SKYLAR YOU'RE BACK!" Louis Tomlinson flung himself at me.

"Hey," I said, staggering slightly. "How you doing?"

"It's great to see you," Harry and Zayn chorused.

I smiled. "Likewise." Then I glanced around the room, my smile fading. "Uh, where's Niall?"

"I'm back!" a very familiar Irish accent called.

I noticed Liam go pale ever-so slightly.

Niall Horan, and a girl I didn't know, walked into the room. Niall's eyes widened. "Skylar!"

He rushed up and hugged the living daylights out of me.

When he released me, the girl stepped forwards. "I'm Tiffany. You can call me Tiff."

"Nice to meet you," I said politely. "And you are...?"

"Niall's girlfriend," she said cheerfully.

Niall looked embarrassed; Liam looked upset. Louis had his mouth set in a straight line, Zayn was biting his lip, and Harry glanced at me with worry.

All to gauge my reaction.

So I swallowed. "How nice," I said, beaming at Tiff. "I'm Skylar, Niall's best friend from childhood."

"Cool," she said with a smile.

I forced a smile, pretended to act all nice, but inside I was seething.

I guess this was karma's way of being a bitch to me.

So... that's it for now!

The sequel will be called 'Change of Heart'. The first chapter will be up around February, so if you liked My Guitar Buddy, don't take it off your reading lists, because I will post another chapter after this one saying that the sequel is up! I am also thinking of making this series a trilogy, the third book (tentative for now until the start of COH) will most likely be called 'Expect The Unexpected'. Stay tuned for an update on Change of Heart.

Thanks for all the support and love from you guys!

<3, Lauren.