Chapter 4

Author's Note: okay, from this point forwards I'm going to be writing from Skylar's POV, not from the omiscient anymore, it just got too hard and i always had to go make edits so yeah don't hate me or anything i just can't handle it anymore.

thnx!

Anyways, here's the rest of the chapter:

Skylar's POV

I walked through the door, where I was immediately crushed in a hug by Ashlyn.

"Sky, we thought Niall had stolen you!" she said, giggling.

I raised my eyebrows. "Who's we?"

"Harry, me, and Lou," she replied.

Ashlyn has a nickname for Louis?

"Uh, so what did you do?" Harry asked.

"Niall took me to Nando's," I said, smiling. "Typical."

Liam burst out laughing. "Smooth, Niall."

"Ouch," Niall said, pretending to be offended.

"Leppy where's your guitar?" I asked.

Niall said, "My room."

"I'll be right back." I dashed up the stairs and into Niall's room, grabbing his guitar and bringing it back downstairs. When I sat down on the couch, a piece of paper fluttered out of the guitar case. I picked it up and scanned it.

"Oh, Niall," I said softly. "Did you even read this?"

Niall took it from me. "Yeah, only like a million times after I'd forgive you."

"What does it say?" Harry asked eagerly.

I glanced at Niall. "You can read it."

"Nah, it's your letter," he said, handing it back to me. "You read it."

"All right," I said shyly. I unfolded it and started to read.

"Dear Niall, or should I say Leppy, I'm so sorry I'm not going to follow you on the road to our dreams. If fate will have it, maybe we'll run into each other someday. I don't know. Anyways, I think it's time for me to tell you the truth. I only decided not to audition because of three reasons: my singing not being anywhere near as good as you, my stage-fright, and my lack of talent. Are those good enough? Okay, I know you're probably thinking that I'm quite the opposite of those three, but as you probably already guessed my self-esteem is dangerously low and I'm afraid that doing anything that will put me, as most people say, "Out there", then if I get harsh criticsm then I will be done for in terms of showbiz. Anyways, I just wanted you to know how great of a friend you've always been to me, and how you always made me laugh. Remember that time we went out for lunch together, I think we were 13, and you ordered everything on the menu (mind you the menu only consisted of 7 things), and ate all of it? Then I had to carry you home because you didn't feel so good. Remarkably you didn't toss your cookies. Anyways, that's just one of the many fond memories I have with you, and I hope you won't forget them. I know I won't. 

And then there's also the time where I dubbed you the name 'Leppy'. Ah, what a day that was! I remembered I was about 5, getting ready to teach my first guitar class, when there was this brown-haired kid stumbling into the room with a guitar on his back that was almost three times his size! I couldn't help but giggle, especially when you attempted to hold it. You fell over because it was so heavy and then couldn't get back up! Talk about hilarious. For me, not for you. It was probably more mortifying for you. Anyways, I then dubbed you 'Leppy', because of your small stature and your total Irishness, especially when it came to alcohol intolerance (I found that out when we were like 14).