Chapter 3

"Skylar?" Ashlyn asked. "Your phone is buzzing."

Skylar heaved herself off her bed and glanced at her phone.

Scowling, she chucked the phone as hard as she could where it landed, unfortunately for her, on her beanbag chair.

"Damn it," Skylar growled. "I was aiming for the wall."

Ashlyn got the phone and handed it back to her. "Answer it."

Skylar made a face and lifted the phone up. "Hello?"

"Sky?" Niall sounded amazed.

"What the hell do you want, Leppy?" she snapped. "I'm not in a great mood to talk."

"Well, uh that night backstage you said you wanted to rebuild our friendship," Niall said uncomfortably.

"So?" Skylar asked.

"Are you busy?" Niall asked hesitantly.

"Well," Skylar said sarcastically. "I have to go feed the animals at the zoo, then change all the clocks in the city one hour back, and then go pick up the garbage."

"Stop," Niall said, trying not to laugh. "I'm serious. If you're not busy, I'll be there in five minutes. Bye."

Niall hung up the phone.

"What?" Ashlyn asked when Skylar threw her phone again, this time hearing the satisfying clunk when it clattered to the tile on the bathroom floor.

"He's coming in five minutes," Skylar groaned.

Ashlyn's eyes widened. "What the hell, Sky? Get the hell out of bed and make yourself look presentable!"

Ashlyn dragged Skylar off her bed and into the bathroom. "Clean yourself," she ordered. "I'll go pick an outfit."

Skylar made a face and did as she said. When she was done, she came to her closet and saw Ashlyn holding out clothes.

"Here," she said. "Wear your TOMS, with these jeans, and this owl t-shirt I think is cute."

Skylar made another face. "No, Niall bought that for me when we were 13."

"All the more reason to wear it," Ashlyn said. "Go put it on, I think he'll be here soon."

"Why don't you go out with him?" Skylar groaned. "I don't want to."

"Because Niall and I aren't friends," Ashlyn sighed. "I would do anything to be in your spot."

"I'd gladly trade places," Skylar said, changing quickly. Once she was done Ashlyn dragged her downstairs, picking up Skylar's phone before leaving the room.

"Your phone, unfortunately for you, still works, so keep it," Ashlyn said, slipping it into Skylar's purse. "Also, you should bring cash because you know Niall's appetite."

Skylar nodded taking the bag from Ashlyn.

A few minutes passed with no noise.

Finally, Skylar swallowed. "Thanks, Ash. You're a great friend."

"I know," Ashlyn said, winking. "Aren't I awesome?"

Skylar laughed. "If things go well, I'm calling you over to pick me up so you can meet Liam for the first time."

Ashlyn gaped in horror. "Oh, please don't," she wailed. "He's gonna think, look it's the stalker girl!"

"Is that not what you did?" Skylar asked, raising her eyebrows.

Ashlyn flushed. "True."

The doorbell rang, and Skylar opened the door.

Niall stood on the doorstep, looking frazzled. "I didn't know which one was yours so I kept knocking until I found you guys."