The Light

____________________

Chapter - 24
____________

Somewhere in Kanto

Looker walked through the quiet corridor. The corridor was never-ending, atleast to the human eye. There was no other noise, nor a single sign of life except the FBI Agent. He was there for a meeting, his boss wanted to have an important discussion with him. He stopped outside a door with 'Head of Department' engraved on it. He took a deep breath in and knocked.

"Come in." Said a feminine voice. It belonged to Felicia Cruz. Looker and her had known each other since high school and even though they joined the FBI together, she had always been Looker's senior. Looker walked inside her office. "Looker..." She started.

"Uh uh-" Looker interrupted her. "We've known each other for what? Forever? Call me by my name."

"Was it Ted? Or maybe Jason?" Asked Felicia, joking. "They are so many, I don't even know what you go by anymore."

"You can call me Ted." He said. "Or Jason. Or maybe Stefan, just don't call me late for dinner. Ugh, already used this one with you."

"Only a thousand times. Okay, I called you here to talk to you about the Giovanni case." Felicia's tone became serious. "You're taking this friendship or whatever you call it - for granted. But now, this continues on my terms. You have 48 hours to bring Giovanni in, with proof that he committed those crimes-"

"Or else?" Asked Looker, he was frustrated, he also understood why Felicia was doing something like this, even her hands were tied.

"Or else, this case is closed." Said Felicia, she was frustrated too. "And no, I'm not angry this time, I'm just worried about the most capable agent who's wasting his life on one man."

"You know, it's Giovanni we're talking about, I can't find anything on him, and as soon as I do, it's gone-" Looker tried to explain himself. But was interrupted again.

"48 hours, that's all you get." Said Felicia. "Take it or leave it. The clock is ticking. Good luck."

Looker walked out of the office and took a deep breath. He gasped and quickly pulled out his phone.

"Hello? Sam? How are you? I'm good." He said, talking on the phone. "Need to catch Giovanni in 2 days. In or out?"

Dewford Town, Hoenn

"Sabrina? Was she just hanging out in the Pokécenter?" Asked Cassidy, confused about Red and Leaf's story that Sabrina spent the halloween with them. "Quite odd, isn't it?"

"Like I told you, she's on some kind of a holiday, just wants to spend some alone time away from everything else." Leaf explained. "How hard is that to understand?"

"Can you tell that story again? I lost you at Sabrina, she's my favourite gym leader." Butch had heart eyes, he was list in his own thoughts. "She's so perfect."

"Uh huh?" Cassidy looked at Butch in disapproval. "Okay, I'll tell you a story. Butch met this girl back in Rustboro called Melissa, who then asked him to deliver a letter to someone. Now all he thinks about is this letter and that girl."

"Guys." Leaf commented.

Enid looked around. It was a Pokécenter. Leaf and Cassidy sat on the couches right in front of the reception while Butch was standing in a distance, reading a magazine. Enid sat in a corner and noticed everything, heard everyone, read every-mind. She began building a level of trust for Red and Leaf but they still were Pokémon Trainers, something she hated about them.