Unraveled

____________________

Chapter - 30
____________

September 9, 2013

"I'm sorry, but before we proceed, can you please let us know more about what exactly what we're doing?" Asked Cassidy. "We're already marked as criminals just because we work for Team Rocket."

"And we don't want to get ourselves into more trouble." Butch continued. "We'll obviously help you, but please tell us we'll get something out of it."

The man smirked and seemed to be making up a perfect answer. He gestured to the driver so that he stop pointing the gun at Butch. "I want to stop something Giovanni is trying to do. And I won't be needing any assist from you two, until Giovanni starts executing his plans."

"And what exactly is the plan?" Asked Cassidy, intrigued.

"Let's start from the beginning." The man began. "My name is Antonio Sbaraglia. And the man you work for is my twin brother – Giovanni. We used to live with our uncle in Johto, our parents had died in the war, our childhood was not exactly normal. But when one day our uncle disappeared, both of us had this sudden rage against Pokémon. Our uncle owned a special Pokéball, when you touch it, it takes to whatever time you want. It was a time machine of some sort."

"A Pokéball capable of time travel?" Butch was surprised. "Wicked."

"It was incredible. Our uncle had taught us that diamond cuts diamond. So we thought, what if we use Pokémon to destroy Pokémon. So we thought, what kind of Pokémon do we use to be able to control multiple Pokémon at once?" The man continued.

"Psychic!" Cassidy exclaimed. "But they won't be that powerful."

"Unless you have the strongest Psychic Pokémon." Butch continued. "Something ancient, like-"

"Mew." The man smiled. "That's what we thought, we studied Mew for months and made a plan, or Giovanni did, I just thought I was a part of it. Giovanni had made the plan just for himself and it took me years to realise that. By that time I had created Team Rocket and had already created a clone of Mew."

"A Mew clone?" Asked Butch.

"Yes." Said the man. "When Giovanni made the plan, he told me exactly what to do, from creating Team Rocket to everything I would be doing afterwards. He then traveled into the future, leaving me all alone for years. I worked hard years. And when I finally realised what his plan was, it was too late. He was just gonna replace me from what I created. So I made him the most wanted man in the region."

"Um." Cassidy whispered. "This is too hard for me to understand. So he traveled into the future and you did what he asked you to. And then he arrived years later- okay, that's why you look older."

"I just want my life back." Said Antonio. "Is it too much to ask for? You'll be doing the right thing by helping me. Trust me. Otherwise that man would end the entire Pokémon life as we know it. Human beings should not have the power to control life at will."

"So what do we do?" Asked Cassidy.

"Right now, we wait." Said Antonio. "Once we know where that Mew clone is, we go after it before Giovanni does."

"We're in." Said Butch, looking at Cassidy. "We'll become heroes after saving the world!"

November 7, 2014

"Giovanni is clearly trying to confuse us." Said Felicia Cruz. "Are we even supposed to believe that there's a mystery masked man out there who told Giovanni what to do? That's the most ridiculous story I've ever heard."

"Ma'am why don't we do a polygraph?" Asked one of the FBI agents.

Looker stepped in. "Polygraphs don't really reveal anything. We need a solid proof of this mystery man, though it's unlikely that he's telling the truth. We need to get every ounce of information from Giovanni before he's sent to the Federal Prison."

"Spoke my mind." Said Felicia. "Is there any way Giovanni will be useful to us, negotiate with him maybe?"

"I'll see what I can do." Looker picked up his gun and walked into the interrogation room. It was a small room with a table in the middle, and two chairs opposite to each other. Looker walked to the empty chair and sat, placing the gun on the table, pointing at Giovanni.

Giovanni looked at him with a smile, his hands were cuffed. "Looker." He whispered. "How may I help you today?"

"I don't know what you're trying to achieve by surrendering, but let me assure you, it ends with lifetime imprisonment in every possible way." Said Looker. "So maybe we can help you shorten your imprisonment in exchange for some information."

"Are you trying to negotiate?" Asked Giovanni, laughing. "You are so desperate. Alright, let's do that, let's negotiate. I'll give you everything you need, full cooperation. Plans, hideouts, members, side businesses."

"In exchange for?" Asked Looker.

"Don't worry, not asking you to set me free or anything." Giovanni laughed. "I just want my prison to feel like home. If you know what I mean?"

"No, I don't know what you mean." Looker was getting frustrated.

"I'm just asking for a peaceful life. I have enemies in the federal prison and they will try to kill me. As a matter of fact, I have enemies in every prison." Said Giovanni.

"And I suppose you already have something in mind? Stop playing and tell me what you want!" Looker irated.

"See, I don't want to be the villain. I want to be the survivor. Since I have a ton of people waiting to end my life in the prison. Why not provide me a personal prison? Pure isolation, but since I'm also spoon feeding the FBI alot of sensitive information, I want this prison to feel like home." Giovanni smirked.

Looker touched his earpiece, waiting for further instructions. Then, Felicia's voice was heard through the earpiece. "Agreed. We'll move him to Unova." She said.

"Agreed." Said Looker.

"Give me a notepad." Said Giovanni, smirking. Looker provided him with a notepad and a pencil. Giovanni wrote on the notepad and slid it across the table, to Looker. "Locations of all our hideouts. There you'll find all the information you require."

"Love you." Felicia said to Looker through the earpiece. "Let's get going!"

Somewhere in Hoenn

"Kevin, can you for once, drive slow?" Asked Aurora. "You don't even have a license. You're gonna get us in trouble."

"Hey, my driving is pretty good, you know." Kevin pushed the accelerator even harder. "Plus this RV isn't really that fast."

A phone started to ring. Aurora picked it up. "Hello?" She asked.

"Giovanni is being interrogated by the FBI." Said a voice at the other end.

The line disconnected.