Welcome To Hoenn

____________________

Chapter - 4
____________

Brendan sat in his room, which looked flawless, his mother knew where he wanted his things to be. It seemed like a hotel room to him, from the marble flooring to the renaissance paintings.

The floor was black marble with white veins, the walls were royal blue with a Moroccan pattern and the room had a fall ceiling with dim yellow LEDs that gave the room an aesthetic look.

He had been sitting in his room and playing Pokemon X on his Nintendo 3DS for two hours now, he felt great when no one asked him to study now that his school days were over. Brendan couldn't choose what starter he would pick.

Treecko, Torchic and Mudkip were the three choices, the same Pokemon that Professor Birch was carrying in his bag. Brendan had looked up the three Hoenn starters on the internet to gather more information and see which one of them suited him the best.

But he couldn't choose between the three, all of them seemed considerable. The guests started arriving, his mother had invited the neighbors and some of his father's friends.

His father, Norman had been living in the Hoenn Region for a while in a hotel and the family had finally moved.

Brendan walked down the stairs and gasped when he looked at the number of people. He looked around, searching for any familiar face in the living room.

"Brendan!" Said Birch, walking upto him. Birch wore the same clothes he was wearing earlier the day, the only exception being his labcoat, that he obviously wouldn't be wearing to a party. "There you are."

Brendan was relived to see someone he actually knew. "Professor, glad to see you again. I was curious about the starter Pokemon."

"What about them? Hmm, you haven't decided what you're going to choose, have you?" Asked Birch with absolute certainty.

"I haven't." Brendan said, softly. "I was curious which one of them was the choice of most trainers."

"Most people like to choose Torchic and to be honest, it's because new trainers believe that fire types are the best choice." Said Professor Birch. "And not only here, but every other region, they tend to pick a Charmander, or a Tepig in Unova."

"But wouldn't a water type be stronger?"

"Yes, and no." Said Birch, smiling. "See, if I were to explain the same thing to you about water types. You would just ask me about grass types being stronger than water types. It's not about which one is the strongest, but it's about that which one is the strongest with you."

Brendan understood, he just had to figure which was the optimal choice for him. The Pokemon that would best suit him.

"Anyways, how's your first day in Hoenn going so far?" Asked Birch, probably hoping for a great answer from Brendan.

"I love it." Brendan lied, his family was the moving type but he had stayed in Unova most of his life, and his first day in Unova exceptionally special, he made loads of friends and was the most popular kid in the school. Now, he couldn't go to school to make friends, which was harder.

"Ah, Norman is here!" Said Birch, patting Brendan's shoulder to say - see you around - and then walked away.

At the same moment, a girl walked towards him, she seemed the same age as Brendan. She wore a red t-shirt and blue denim shorts. Her blue eyes were the same as Brendan's.