Rocks/Anne - II

____________________

Chapter - 21
____________

"Leaf! I caught a Lotad!" Red was thrilled with the fact that he now had a Hoenn Pokémon in his team. Leaf was sitting on the lower half of the bunk bed while Red danced in front of her on the carpet. She was happy that he was excited about something in a while.

Red jumped around in the room, part of him was glad that he was able to get out of the Petalburg Woods during such a dark hour. He threw his bag on the study table next to the window while Leaf's bag rested on the chair.

"That's amazing." Leaf smiled gently, her expressions then changed to anger. "But why would YOU GO TO THE FOREST AT THIS HOUR?!" She was concerned about her friend, she wanted to accompany Red to the forest just in case, but he did not even inform Leaf about it. "Atleast you could've told me that Leaf, I'm going to a forest."

Red was not used to Leaf being mad at him, but he knew what she was like when she was angry and that he feared very much. He looked down at the floor, frowning, as if he was being scolded by an elder. "I'm sorry." Red apologized. "Next time I'll- I'll tell you before I go somewhere like that."

"NO!" Leaf snapped. "That's not even the point- nevermind Red."

Leaf was cold, she lied on the bed and covered herself with a sheet. She then turned towards the wall, to show she was mad at Red.

Red knew exactly what she was doing, he climbed to the upper bunk and lied down. He looked at the ceiling as he thought about how he was going to defeat Roxanne the next day.

"It is cold." He whispered to himself, pulling up the sheets and covering himself.

"Um, Leaf? Can you turn off the-" Red began, he stopped as soon as the lights turned off. "Thank you." He closed his eyes and tried to sleep.

The following day, Red woke up early, as early as he could because that day, he needed to practice. He wanted to win. He wanted to become the person his father always hoped he would be.

Sure, he had made mistakes, mistakes that could not be reversed. But he was not the kind of person to hold onto those mistakes instead of learning and improving from them.

He was sitting near the reception in the Pokécenter, planning his team for the Hoenn Region. According to the rules, he had to carry his weaker Pokémon along with new Hoenn Pokémon. He hated these rules, Kanto was much better at handling experienced players.

He decided to change his team, but not now, he wasn't ready to say goodbye to some of his Pokémon. He walked towards the front door of the Pokécenter.

"Red!" A familiar face walked into the Pokécenter. She had black long hair and purple eyes. She wore tight pink crop top and white jeans. She waved at Red and walked to him. "I wasn't hoping to see you here."

"Sabrina?" Red smiled. "It's been a while, how are you?"

"I'm perfectly fine." She smiled. "Been busy for a while but now I'm free as ever."

"That's great, glad you're doing well." Red hoped she was telling the truth. He then noticed her green cuffs on her wrists, he stared at them for a moment.

"I'm alright, don't worry." She said, smiling. "As long as I have these cuffs on, ofcourse. It's good to see you, you've grown up."

Sabrina slipped out her smartphone from her pocket and sent a text. "I've been travelling for days, so just here to get some sleep."

Red noticed dark circles under her eyes. "You should, yes." He stepped out of her way. "See you." He waved at her and walked outside the Pokécenter.Familiar faces always made Red happy.