Rocks/Anne - I

____________________

Chapter - 19
____________

September 12, 2023

"And then Mister Briney asked us to sit in the boat, and we left for Dewford. On the way, did something happen? I'm having a hard time remembering Dewford-" Red was interrupted by the boy.

"But, what happened at the Rustboro Gym a few days before that? You didn't tell me about your Gym Battle." The boy asked curiously.

Red began. "Yeah, it was around the Halloween of 2014, before the gym battle I was challenged for a-"

"A double battle." The boy completed.

"Wow, at this point we basically are completing each other's sentences." Red was amazed.

"No actually you've already covered that part of the story. I'm just helping." The boy giggled. "Though I have a few questions. If Kanto was 2013 and Hoenn is 2014, we've only narrated a year of your life to me? Because I swear it felt like more than that."

"Well, it's a long story."

"Another question." The boy demanded. "What year did you become a Pokémon Master?"

"About 5 years back, in 2018."

"That's like 4 more years- how long is this story?!" The boy was shocked, eager for this to end

"Like I told you before, it's a long story." Red smiled. "Anyways, Rustboro Gym, after the double battle, Leaf and I were standing in front of-"

October 28, 2014

"Roxanne, spelled R-O-X, not R-O-C-K-S." Roxanne explained.

"Wow, so that's her biggest insecurity." Red mumbled. Leaf started laughing.

"Did I say something funny?" Roxanne irated. She was not in a mood for jokes.

"What's with her mood?" Asked Leaf.

"She probably fought her husband today." Red joked. Leaf laughed even more.

Roxanne waited for Leaf and Red to finish whatever they were talking about. Red looked at Leaf. "Let me go first this time."

'Okay', Leaf mouthed. Red stepped forward, now facing Roxanne. He believed he could win easily and was being overconfident.

"Are you a new trainer?" Asked Roxanne. "Or have you participated in a Pokémon League before?"

"I have participated in Kanto and Johto Leagues." Red fixed his sleeve and was ready for a Gym Battle.

"And have you caught any Hoenn Pokémon yet?"
"Not yet. I think I'll be using my stronger Pokémon instead."
"Haha, sure you will."

Roxanne walked to a rock next to her and pressed a button, a tray came out of the rock containing several Pokéballs. She picked out three and faced Red again.

"Go Aggron." Roxanne sent out her first Pokémon. It was grayish white and huge, Leaf knew it had to be the last evolution of some Pokémon.

Red pointed his Pokédex towards the Pokémon that Roxanne had just sent out.

"Aggron, an Iron Armor Pokémon. It claims a large mountain as its sole territory. It mercilessly thrashes those that violate its space. Evolves from Lairon." Explained the Pokédex.