The Trick House

____________________

Chapter - 36
____________

November 20, 2014

"We've been walking like this since forever, can't we just take a break or something?" Leaf was exhausted, she wanted to suggest Red to stop for the day and rest somewhere but she also knew that he would disagree to a plan that was so unproductive.

"Thank you! I was just about to say that but I thought Red wouldn't agree to something like that because I know it's unproductive to him." Sabrina gasped, her eyes glowed for a moment but she managed to control it. Enid noticed it, she already felt threatened around Sabrina and she knew she had to do something about it.

"But where do we go from here?" Red asked. They were standing in the middle of nowhere, the path they walked upon had trees to their left and the ocean to their right. The only way to go was forward- "I believe there is a house in that direction." Enid pointed to the northwest.

Sabrina was only observing the scope of Enid's powers and what all she could do. She knew exactly what Enid was, she only had to understand her plan of action and what she was doing exactly with Red and Leaf. Sabrina believed that both of them was her responsibility at this point and leaving them alone with Enid would be extremely irresponsible and dangerous. She closed her eyes to assure that Enid was telling the truth and there was indeed a house towards the northwest. "Oh, yes." She said. "There is a guest house in that direction."

"Let's-a-go!" Leaf jumped, walking briskly in the guided direction while the others followed. Within the next ten minutes, they stood outside what appeared to be a hall house. There was nothing else in the near vicinity. "Don't you think it's odd for this house to be out here?"

"I mean, the owner must hate people." Red walked to the door and noticed an engraving. "It says – Trick House. What's that supposed to mean?"

"Only one way to find out." Leaf knocked and the door opened immediately, revealing the inside of the house. It was a hall house with a dining table in the middle, flowerpots at the four corners, a photoframe at three of the four walls and a huge scroll hanging at one of them. "There's noone here." All of them walked inside to investigate, as the door was unlocked, there must be someone inside.

Suddenly, the door closed behind them. "Welcome, travellers." Said a male voice. "Please have a seat. I concur that you are all feeling hungry and are tired of all the walking." Leaf made her way to the dining table. Enid and Sabrina joined her while Red was getting irritated.

"Who is this? What's going on?" He asked.

"Who am I? That question is irrelevant. What's going on? Well, look around. You are trapped inside a house you know nothing about, it is a game where only the ones worthy enough survive. Nothing around you is real, it's a mirage, a hallucination, or it could also be a dream. You have to escape this new reality you are now in and find your way to me for this game to end."

Leaf panicked and rushed to the door. It was locked, she kicked it a few times but it didn't make any difference. Sabrina made her way to the door. "Leave it to me." Her eyes glowed purple along with her hands. She emitted a ball of energy and directed it at the door, it blasted the door open.

"What?!" Sabrina was shook. The other side of the door was an endless void of nothingness, the house stood on a floating piece of land. Enid pulled Leaf back into the house.