Giving up to toil harder

The scene unfolds, Shaurya, Alok, Vineet have already said so much to Anokhi and about Anokhi, her habits and character and her past. Finally Anokhi gathers the broken and mutilated pieces of her heart and respect, holds her tears from falling down, holds herself from breaking down and with great difficulty voices out her acceptance of defeat, but only after putting her part of facts correctly and honestly before Shaurya.

Anokhi - Main haar manti hoon sir, lekin apne aap ko aur aise bezaat nahi karne deni wali. 

With that she picks up her document from the counter and folds her hands in namaste before Shaurya and then runs away from the scene, for her she was running away from her hope, her dreams and it wasn't easier but then she had no choice, it was her self respect and dignity vs her dreams and she chose the former. Life had never been bed of roses for her, she had always struggled at each step to be here, not been able to take admission at SIAC today meant a turning point in her life, she would now be thrown into more struggle that might not just cause her a temporary setback but something that might cost her all her life, she would have a drop year in her academics and she might have to start her graduation fresh. While running away out of the campus the only thoughts that were crowding her brain were the worst case scenarios on both fronts first what to do next, she wasn't the privileged one, she had to look for a job to even eat a meal a day or find a roof to shelter her and secondly this break in her graduation meant she wouldn't be able to make into any university or college in second year, she will either have to again start fresh from first year or compromise and do her education from open school, neither of them were easy, she still had no means, the scholarship on basis of which she would have cruised through would lapse and render her without any finances for her education. 

On the other side at the SIAC campus Shaan had decided to correct what had transpired and had left to arrange the fees for Anokhi. Aastha was already on the way to Chandigarh with Anokhi's Transfer Certificate(TC), Raja had already caused significant delay and she was hoping to make it in time. 

On the other hand there was something unsettling in Shaurya, he had seen and heard Anokhi. He was actually taken back when she had given up and left. He had so desperately wanted that and now that it had happened he still wasn't at peace, there was so much restlessness in him. He felt like something was pricking him every second causing immense pain, his own conscience and inner self was at war, the unsettling bit was that his heart was over powering his conditioned brain and telling him that this irrational behavior will cost him something dear and he might regret it all his life, but he being Shaurya Sabherwal sidelined it and decided to not heed to his heart but stick to his rational brain.

Finally it was 11.07 am when Aastha arrived at the admission counter, the entry process at the SIAC Campus main gate had delayed her by few minutes already. And when she arrived she found the counter was already closed and she looked around for Anokhi but didn't see her anywhere, her heart sank thinking about the possibility. She pulled out her phone and started calling Anokhi, it wasn't connecting, she kept trying, finally it rang but then Anokhi wasn't picking. And then at 11.12 am Shaan Sabherwal arrived and his feet stopped, he couldn't believe, he thought he was hallucinating, he was seeing Aastha in front of him after ages and just like his feet his eyes too stopped on her. Just like him she had changed too, the struggles and life had taken a toll on her too. His moment was broken when Aastha saw him and both met each others eyes and unlike him Aastha approached him.

Aastha- Shaan, I am sorry I got a few minutes late in getting Anokhi's TC, Anokhi is not here, do you know where she is and if she was able to complete her admission formalities?

Shaan just looked down and smiled. Twenty five years later they meet and still she doesn't ask anything, she has no complaints no expectations, asks for no rights, though she was still his wife. And then Shaan told her what had happened especially how Vineet had created the whole ruckus and how Anokhi failed to submit her fees and TC. And then she saw the fees in Shaan's hand and she understood. Shaan excused and called for admission incharge, he tried to get his way through for Anokhi's admission with fee and TC but was refused stating it was past the admission window time and hence they can't process the application any longer. Shaan came back to Aastha who had heard and seen everything. Shaan felt extremely bad about how things had turned out, the cost of his and Aastha's situation was paid by an innocent girl who had no role in all of this mess and hatred and who herself was in so much trouble, Shaurya and Vineet had used the circumstances against Anokhi.