A little closer

One of the thing that was adding to Shaurya's uneasiness was the acknowledgment of the repercussion of his decision of going out of the way to help Anokhi now. He knew Bade papa and Badi Maa wouldn't be happy about Anokhi studying at SIAC but his uneasiness was stemming from the fact that him being involved would trigger off something that will blow off the delicate balance at the Sabherwal House. And precisely that is why Shaurya wanted Anokhi to take admission before they get to know all this otherwise there could be more road blocks added to her admission.

Once Shaan and Shaurya had left, something in Anokhi that had broken a few minutes back came crashing to her, it was broken a while ago but she hadn't allowed it to hurt her till Shaan and Shaurya were out of her door, and now it hurt her so bad. She had taken the most difficult decision of her life today, it was the most pricy "No" that she could ever say in her life. She sat with a thud on the ground, just next to the chair, crying for her most prized yet lost possession, her opportunity to education. But in last three weeks she had seen the world, if she thought she had struggled enough since childhood, her delusion was broken in last three weeks, life was at its hardest, with no roof on top of her head, no money to eat, no moment to sleep without fear of being harmed. These three weeks had shown her that even if she got the admission, she would not be able to pay for her accommodation, food and transportation in any part time job and doing a night shift job wasn't safe. She had left so much behind her for her education and had tried everything she could do and yet all her efforts had fallen short. This no had broken her, the true realization of her situation was felt today.

Shaurya had just reached her door and he saw it was open and then he saw her sitting on the floor, crying and trying to gather her courage.

Anokhi- Kyun matarani, kyun? Kehte hain aapse kuch maango aur wo mil jaye phir bhi khushi na ho aisa nahi hota, kabhi nahi hota, toh phir mere .............. Nahi Anokhi, himmat nahi chodna, phir se khada hona hai aur apne sapno ko taraf badna hai, itni mehnat karni hai ki aaj jaise pal teri zindagi mein phir kabhi laut ke wapas na aaye ...... kabhi wapas na aaye. Mujhe aage badhna hai.

With that Anokhi again cried and curled up on the floor. In that moment Shaurya knew what his dad was trying to say a few minutes ago, was it already too late? No, she was a fighter, he had seen her spirit, even a few seconds ago, she was fighting her own demons. And Shaurya moved further inside to help her and make her get up from the floor where she had curled up. Anokhi felt an arm pulling her up and immediately she reflexively fell back in trying to resist whoever had come to touch her, but she froze for a millisecond when she saw it was Shaurya Sir, Shaurya took that moment to again pull her up and he was able to, and as soon as she stood up, she firmly broke his hold and distanced herself away from him.

Anokhi- Sir aap please jaaiye yahan se ............. aap se mujhe koi baat hi nahi karni.

Shaurya- Baat nahi karni .................... (Anokhi had confused Shaurya, already her vulnerable state was affecting him and then she wasn't willing to take his help or support, it was all so incomprehensible for him)

Anokhi- Sir aap please jaaiye.

Shaurya- Anokhi, please meri baat suno, mein sirf tumse baat karunga, phir mein chala jaunga.

Anokhi- Please Sir, aap ki koi baat nahi suni, aap please ......

Shaurya- Baat nahi suni? .......................... Par kyun ....... ek baar meri baat sun lo .........

Anokhi now looked back firmly at him, she had composed herself back.

Anokhi- Aapne hi kaha tha Sir, bacchi nahi hoon mein, sambhalna sikhoon khud ko, har waqt sahara dhoondti nahi reh sakti, thank you bahut valuable lesson tha, khud ko sambhalna seekh liya hai, sambhal loongi.