Conversations & Truth

Devi wanted to speak with Shaurya, she needed to know his state of mind and what was he thinking in order to plan ahead. The situation was very delicate and sensitive at the moment and absence of details of what took Shaurya to Kapurthala was something that was worrying and troubling both Tej and Devi. Alok too had arrived in their room, he knew the way things had turned out today wasn't good. Devi had felt not only her dominance and control challenged but also Shaurya's faith in her had wavered. She wasn't the same Badi Maa anymore that he regarded since his childhood. This wasn't good. Alok had found that Shaurya had gone to Kapurthala as someone from SIAC Patiala had called him and when he had asked him to consult Shaurya, he was told that "Shaurya Sir had left early in the morning" and since Shaurya hadn't arrived back at Chandigarh, he had called Shaurya to check, but Shaurya hadn't received his calls, instead he received a message from him that he was driving and will call him back later. And then a while later Alok heard Shaurya on call with Kanchan, Shaurya had called Kanchan to check on Shaan and that's when he heard their conversation and came to know that Shaurya was at Kapurthala and being Devi's pet had informed her the same. Devi after that had got fuming and concluded that it could only be Shaan who could have done something to make Shaurya go to Kapurthala, she felt insecure with the fact that Shaurya didn't even consult her once before going there, it had never happened before, for everything related to Aastha, she had always been Shaurya's go to person and she had always maneuvered the situation in her favour. There was uneasiness on Shaurya's reaction, had Shaurya remained quite it would have been still fine, she could have known that all in her world was still in her control, but Shaurya's declaration had send the alarms ringing for her and Tej.

Devi had checked quite a few times already to see if Shaurya was in his room, but Shaurya had been putting up in Shaan's room giving her no window to talk and analyze the situation.

Shaurya was worried about Shaan and more about the few sentences that Shaan had murmured in high fever. Before the doctor had arrived, Shaurya had given medicine to Shaan and just before the effect began, under the effect of fever Shaan was murmuring something and Shaurya with difficulty heard and comprehended it. He knew Shaan was guilty and had some role in the mess that happened 25 years back, but he had never seen Shaan this weak and apologizing ever before. In the state of the fever Shaan had murmured "I am so sorry Noor, I couldn't fight for you. I am sorry for how Shaurya behaves with you and doesn't even consider you his mother, I am sorry Noor, I am sorry."

At the night Shaurya returned back to his room only after ensuring that Shaan had dinner and was sound sleep and would sleep the night away under effect of the medicines.

Shaurya was checking over some files in his room, he had just checked on Shaan once more. Though he was holding the file and trying to get the work moving, he couldn't concentrate and make any progress, his mind kept going back to everything that had happened in last three weeks. Shaan relapsing again was something that had shaken Shaurya, pressuring his thoughts to venture in the territory of possibilities to which he had firmly closed the gates long ago, he had harderend his beliefs that his mother had left him considering her decision to be right while his father considered his mother to be right, and he in all this had been left ignored and not cared for by his parents. He had a plethora of complaints for his parents, but everything seemed to have lost the ground, he was failing to hold on to them any longer.

On the other hand Shaan's physical health and mental state in last few days had left Gayatri very concerned, worrisome and somewhat feared. And in her fear, she had come knocking to Shaurya's room. The door to the room was half ajar, Gayatri saw Shaurya was still up, she realised it was a good time to talk to him, Alok had gone out and was late, and the other people had already slept and very hesitantly she knocked on his door, she was trying to calm her nerves and gather courage. Shaurya heard the knock and looked up.
Shaurya- Are chachi, please aap andar aaye na? Dad ko?
Gayatri came in.
Gayatri- Nahi Shaan Bhaisaab to so rahe hain, wo Shaurya mujhe tumse kuch baat karni thi.