More than just concern

Hello Reader,

Sorry for delayed update, have been keeping quiet busy since last month. Will surely try to provide frequent updates.

Thanks for your patience.

Happy reading!

The first thing Shaurya did was he glanced over was his watch, it was 10.20 pm. Uneasiness and agitation returned.

Shaurya- Where is Anokhi now? Is she home? Does she have accommodation for tonight?

Shaan- I wasn't her, it was the warden. I had called her to check on Anokhi. Let me call Anokhi, Kahan gaya Aastha ne number toh bheja tha.

While Shaan tried calling Anokhi, Shaurya had rapt attention on him. Waiting to know that the girl was okay. Unfortunately Shaan heard the automated message that the number he is trying to call is switched off.

Shaan- Phone switched off hai.

Shaurya- Why does this girl never reach out to anyone? She could have called you if not me.

Shaan- Shaurya tum pareshaan mat ho, she doesn't want to bother me. And then after what all happened with her, I am sure she would be hesitant.

Shaurya - Dad, aap aaram kijiye, main check karke aata hoon. But what I am not understanding is how can hostel authorities be so negligent, fee processing is done only after availability is checked.

Shaan- Kuch bhi ho sakta hai Shaurya. Main sath chalta hoon.

Shaurya- Nahi dad, aap please rest kijiye, kuch hoga toh main call karta hoon.

With that Shaurya picked up his car keys and was heading out when Shaan stopped him.

Shaan- Shaurya flat ki chabi le jaao just in case.

Anokhi had arrived from cafe and after changing sat on her bed contemplating the happenings of the day. She was hungry and had prepared bread ketchup sandwich for dinner. But the happening of the day caught her up in deep thoughts.

20 minutes later exactly at 10.45pm, Shaurya stood outside Anokhi's room. He was a relieved to see the light in her room, it meant she was inside and at least safe. He knocked.

Anokhi sceptically opened the door, wondering who had arrived so late in the night. And she was shocked to find a brooding Shaurya Sir at her door. Even before she could come out of her shock on seeing him, Shaurya had moved inside, and she followed behind him. A second later Shaurya turned and angrily grabbed Anokhi by her forearms and pulled her closer. Anokhi saw anger in his eyes, she wondered what had she done now to attract his wrath.

Shaurya - Tumhe kabhie kuch samajh aata hai? Tum aisa jaan bhooj ke karti ho?

Not understanding what had she done now to make him angry, she was rolling over the happenings of today to see if she did anything that could have made Shaurya Sir so angry. He had been so kind and caring last night.

Anokhi - Ab maine kya kiya hai sir? Aap kyun naraaz hai?

Shaurya- Why didn't you tell me ...............(stopped himself in time realising what he was about to blurt out) I mean why didn't you call and tell dad that you have not got the hostel? He is your guardian, he is supposed to know. How can you be so irresponsible.

Anokhi just looked down, this is exactly what had caught her a while ago as well. But she didn't wanted to trouble Shaan Sir anymore. And if hostel wasn't available what possibly could have Shaan Sir done and then she didn't wanted to take any undue advantage of him. He and Shaurya sir had already helped her so much.